Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Mister

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2006
Get a logitech MX518. It's silver and black, very comfortable and has an awesome sensor, and I think it'll match the iMac G5 just fine.

6401.jpg

Anrev

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2006
I use a Microsoft Trackball and had to download Steermouse to make it work on my iMac CoreDuo. Works great.

macit

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2006
Austin, TX
I actually don't use the secondary button setting- old school, I know and: I've never had pain of the hand because of it... just my teenage hands I suppose :rolleyes:

p.s- exercise your hand, use control click :p :)

that ^ is the most menacing mouse I have ever seen ^^^

Joe2000

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2005
London, UK.
I also hate the Mighty Mouse! :mad:

I've used them in my local Apple Store and i think they suck!

I remain faithfull to my 2 original Apple Pro mice, one in Black for my iMac and one in white for my iBook when on my desk. I dont really cry out for 2 buttons, I just love the look and feel of the Pro Mice.

Thanks, Joe. ;)

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
I know I'm in the minority, but I like my mighty mouse. I haven't configured it for right click so I'm Ctrl-clicking when necessary, but that's not necessary nearly as often as when I'm on Windows. I've also used the squeeze buttons maybe twice to see what happens, but Expose with F9 or setting up the active corners is easier. The scroll nipple is ok, a bit small for my liking, but it's serviceable, and it hasn't forced me to switch to another mouse.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
I was at the Apple Store today... tried out the iMac and I loved it except for the mouse too! For my iBook I use a Logitech MX900. Just like the MX518, but its bluetooth.

Mr Skills

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Are there any other mice around with an equivalent of the scroll ball?

I'd happily take a vanilla logitech 2 button mouse with a ball instead of a wheel, if I could.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.