I love my new imac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by NewMacGirl, Feb 8, 2007.

1. NewMacGirl macrumors regular

I have only had my iMac for about a week. My husband said that as I needed a new computer as my old one was on its last ropes rather than get a PC good enough for Windows Vista we should try an imac.

Not sure about all that but I absolutely love it, it looks so good and is apleasure to use-its so nice.

Sorry just have to share that

:)

2. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

It only gets better as you familiarise yourself with it.

3. NewMacGirl thread starter macrumors regular

Iv'e just added a widget to the dashboard which I don't want after all -how can I remove it please- There is no help with widgets unlike the other programmes???

4. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Your husband sounds like a top bloke ;)

In the bottom right hand corner of Dashboard you'll see a plus sign. Click it. Now each widget has a close button. You'll also now see a Manage Widgets button which opens its own widget.

Edit: (Apple say it better than I can)

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302240

5. abrooks macrumors 6502a

Hover your mouse over the widget and hold the option key, a little cross will appear in the corner of the widget.

6. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Or: When you are in Dashboard a plus sign in a circle will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen. Click on it. The little X's abrooks described will appear on each widget. Clicking the X will remove the widget.

A strip will also appear along the bottom of the screen showing all your active widgets. Find the one labeled Widgets and click on that. It will allow you to turn widgets on and off or remove ones you've added yourself.

See Finder > Help > Mac Help > "dashboard" A lot of information is built in. Thanks for sharing.

7. NewMacGirl thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies.

I have removed the offending widget thanks to you.

I can't keep Pete off my mac!! He says its is so much better than his Dell. I have no interest in computers but I'm becoming very fond of this little white beauty, it just does what its suppose to.

I played with garage Band and the comic thing-are these just demos or will I be able to keep on using them???

New MacGirl

8. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Comic Life is the real thing - not a demo.

Garageband is part of Apple's iLife suite, so again isn't a demo. As far as I know the only demo software is the Microsoft Office 2004 Test Drive (there's an uninstaller in its folder).

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

10. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Correct.