I love people, and I hate people.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Abstract, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

(Yes, I did a search first)

http://www.worldpressphoto.com/inde...k=blogsection&id=17&Itemid=146&bandwidth=high

Now, some photos are sports (eg: baseball, Zidane, etc), which I love. Some of the photos are of industrial accidents, which is very sad. However, look at all the photos of war or conflict of some sort. That seems like the majority! Look at THIS photo. It made me sick. Lots of these photos made me sick. A sign of the world crumbling, perhaps.

The year 2006 was a pretty crazy year. Anyway, I love the photos. I didn't know whether I should post this in Digital Photography, Politics, or Community, but I think this might be an appropriate place to post this.

2. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Oh so you would rather have SUSPECTED COLLABORATORS just running around, doing whatever they feel like?

You are either WITH us or AGAINST us.

How would you like it if YOUR entire family was presumably killed by collaborators, eh? You'd be the first one doing the indiscriminate shooting. AND SO YOU SHOULD.

3. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Really powerful and one of the reasons I love photography. It is hard to look at a lot of these photos though. Makes me realize how easy a lot of the world has it, and that as much as some might think the world is becoming a better place, it is still full of despair for a lot of people. After these pictures, the "cool" pictures of sports and other things seem so shallow and meaningless.

I didn't know what your intent was, but the operative word in this sentence to me was "SUSPECTED". doesn't that send up any warning bells to anyone else? I guess we should go around and kill anyone "suspected" of doing wrong.

4. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

that reminds me of something i saw last week. that shooting at the mall in utah...on CNN the photo next to the story was, at one point, one of the dead women lying on the floor, uncovered and just....dead. it turned my stomach. for the record, i'm no more comfortable seeing photos of the dead in iraq, or other countries...i find it disrespectful. that's just me, though.

those photos are all important snippets of history, but there are some of them i'd rather not see. i don't want to pretend these horrible things aren't happening...maybe i'm just not a media voyeur like most of the population.

5. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

SUSPECTS are just people the government KNOW have done bad stuff but are too busy to prove it.

You better not be implying that the government is wrong and cannot be trusted or I will kill you, as is my right.

6. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I'm confused. That would be the governments right, not yours, correct?

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Please tell me Allotriophagy just has a sarcastic flair...

8. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

I hope it's not the same for the police or any other suspects, as then the world's population would cut own to half in no time.

Just imagine:
    "Mom, I suspect my little sister took my lollypop!"
    "That's OK, sweetie, she won't do it again"
    BANG!

9. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    You need to be more decisive. I hate everyone. There are just some people I hate less.

10. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

No he really means it and is on his way to your house now.

*notices rifle is missing*

11. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Probably most disturbing is that the photo won a prize. Add journalistic opportunists to the list.

12. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

13. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

14. Oblivious macrumors 6502

15. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

yeah :( :(

Maybe they should have two categories of winners - positive and negative pics.

16. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

is it possible to get bigger images of some of these?? Some are fantastic photos whilst others are very depressing

17. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Oh wow, that's the saddest one. :(

18. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Delete Me, damn button slip in the wrong thread :(