I love rain

Discussion in 'Community' started by vniow, Dec 14, 2002.

1. vniow macrumors G4

Don't you?

Why every time it rains here in wonderful Bay area, the wind blows and when the wind blows, trees fall and when trees fall, they take power lines with them and as a result my house has no power and then we have to turn on the generator which never wants to start and when if finally does, there is nothing to do except watch bad Adam Sandler movies.

I love rain.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, I love rain. It brings cleaning, freshness, & renewal. New life. Rain itself isn't destructive, its the storm with the wind, thunder, & lightening that does the damage! April showers bring may flowers. The air always smells so fresh after a rain! :)

3. medea macrumors 68030

medea

I'm only happy when it rains

yeah I feel more "at ease" or just comfortable when it rains, Im sure the same would go for snow but it doesnt really snow too often in Florida.....that will change when I move to Philly though.

4. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Yeah, the rain itself isn't so bad I guess, it's what comes with it (loss of power, fallen trees sh|tty generator)

On a similar note, I've just heard thunder in the first time in the two years that I've been here.

5. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

What?? I love adam sandler movies, Big Daddy was on today, not his best but pretty good.

What I mean is if your stuck inside watching movies cos its raining, there are some worse movies you could be watching!

6. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Rain is great. THen I have an excuse to be inside ont he computer
    all day :D:D:D;).

7. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

hmm.. there seems to be lots of problems with loss of power due to natural disasters in the US... here in Tokyo the only loss of power we've had in my whole lifetime was once when they were putting in a new machine in the building.. and that lasted, what, 15 to 20 seconds.

irmongoose

8. ryme4reson macrumors 6502

Edvinow where in the Bay are you?

I am in Cupertino, and the weather today was awesome. We didnt lose power, but my grandparents lost telephone. These storms are nothing compared to the storms I experienced in Louisiana. Those were storms...

9. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

I live in this little hick town about 20 miles out of Santa Cruz.

Bunch of ex-hippies live here too.

Never fails, when it rains here, we lose power. Can't wait to move out.

And yeah, I guess these are wussie storms compared to some in the midwest, it's just there are so many mountains and trees, it sorta redirects the wind towards my town and knocks down all the power lines.

10. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    gotta love the rain

it just doesn't rain enough here in southern cali...but when it does, i love it. nothing like the storms back in texas but hey, at this point i'll take whatever i can get.

supposed to rain tonite and more mid week...yippeeee. hope that means there'll be snow in the mountains for christmas.

isn't this an el nino year again? hope so.

11. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

To anyone who doesn't like rain:

I'd be happy to trade you my snow...

12. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Wow, alex_ant...

You finally put up an avatar, and it's Susie from Calvin and Hobbes...funny, but a bit odd...;)

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

unlike alex himself....... or herself......

14. Steradian macrumors 6502

Well

It's been raining here(San Jose) for quite sometime now (a few hours) and I am glad, happy, etc. I haven't seen weather remotely this rough in a long while when you think about it "good" weather is both a blessing and a burden w/ no drasticly chaning weather, only earthquakes.

POwerBook G4 1ghz

15. Steradian macrumors 6502

Whoops

O yeah i went out side and your right lol when did it stop????

PowerBook G4 1ghz

16. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

17. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

When it rains where I'm from, we go crazy... The rail is usually just enough to re-arrange the dust that's been sitting on the streets for months... The rain also has tons of dirt in it, so everything is kinda dirty, or at least my car is. This September, I think, we had some good showers.... This is what it did.

Attached Files:

18. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

that sure as hell doesnt look like the valley.

but it probably is.

19. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

This is some dumb@$$ who thought he could go fast... Even my truck had to go slow (but that's mainly because if the engine got wet, it would die...) There was one car stalled out down the road...

Attached Files:

20. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Yup, it's the valley! We had some tropical something, or whatever, and it just dumped tons of rain for 2 days... It did it again the next weekend, and the ground was already saturated... it's very uncommon for my street to flood like that, but other streets in McAllen can flood easily (don't ask me how, because there are no hills...)

21. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

...i like watching the puddles gather rain...

22. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

In the desert we don't have puddles to gather the rain, we usually call those things potholes - since those normally are the spots that fill with water on the roads.

23. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Rain is good, but like all things only in moderation. We got too much rain a couple weeks ago and our sump pump failed to turn on and the basement got flooded - a day after we installed brand new carpeting - not good.

D