Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperCompu2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2006
MA
LOL, it took my school an arm, leg and a prayer to get just ONE iMac for our TV production class. As of right now, my 867MHz PowerBook is the second editing machine for the class.

Sad.

nakile

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
At least your school uses Macs.

Mine does not. Why? "We use PCs because that's what the business world uses." :rolleyes: Kind of funny really, maybe Apple's stereotype of the PC in the commercials is correct after all.

But we do have some Macs... three. Two for media work, the third for who knows what.

But almost all of the science department is Mac. But no thanks to the school, it's the science teachers themselfs. Most all of them have Macbook Pros that they use in the classroom and at home for work.

What's even more interesting is most of them have projectors mounted to the ceiling and tend to show us news articles, Youtube videos, or other multimedia stuff on their Mac that's related to the topic of that day. Really helps the learning process; it's kind of like the classroom of the future.

I guess you could say that it's proof that Mac users tend to "do more" with computers. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.