I Love Shiira!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kardashian, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Its awesome! As stable as 'Fox or 'Mino, but it looks hella cool, and I dunno, I like the lil' icon too.

Its cute, and functional. Me loves Shiira. Shiira cool!

Here's a screenshot of the icon set, and theme I have chosen: (Already built-in, no hunting down for a half decent theme, unlike 'Fox and co)

Attached Files:

2. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

It does have a real nice look to it. Have you run into any particular limitations as compared to the better known browsers that you consider drawbacks? BTW, how did you get the green coloring in the iTunes windows?

3. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

None. Drawbacks in Safari were that it was slow, and didn't load some webpages (more annoyingly, my router page). Bonusus were, it looked good, and didn't take up much system resources. It tied in nicely with the other iApps.

Drawbacks for all other common known (Fox, Camino) were that they were damn ugly, and even with themes they still, to me, didn't look 'right'. I also hated the way Tabs were organised in both apps, and it just felt too 'fiddly' to get right.

Shiira looks awesome. I have it set to Aqua icons, the square ones, with the brushed metal look - which can all be set from the Prefs, no downloading etc. I also made the icons smaller by right-clicking the icon bar as it looks more 'refined'. The tabs are organised in the same way as Safari by default, but you can customise them as to how you want them opened/organised. Its a brilliant app, and I'm glad its Uni. to run on my MB when I get it :D

I only found this out myself yesterday! Its actually REALLY simple! You can either make your own Colourscheme, by downloading ThemePark, although its only a trial and costs $20.

Or you can download an iTunes '.rsrc' file (basically, its holds all the graphics that make up the look of iTunes). You back up your old one, and drag the new one into the correct folder, and voila, new colour.

You can customise LCD colour, scroll colour, button colour, everything, with ThemePark. Its brilliant! All my information is from Markkk! He's a genius! PM me if you want exact info. on what to do. :)

4. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Josh, I appreciate all the info provided. I may PM you later for details on how to make those color changes.

5. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Dim probs. (No probs, Welsh..)

I think I went over board with the amount I typed.. but I was excited... :eek:

6. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I've just tried it and have to say it's cool too. Like Shiira Mini too.

7. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Yay! :D

8. solaris macrumors 6502a

solaris

I tweaked Camino to look as close to your screenshot as possible.
    Do you still think it looks damn ugly? ;)

[​IMG]

9. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Oooh, aren't we clever! ;)

Nah, it looks t'rific! Too bad its stealing its little sweety-like buttons from Shiira! lol

Anyway I can make my Camino like that, dude?

Anyway, my iTunes beats your iTunes so there! :p

10. nonregulator macrumors newbie

I love shiira, but the site hasn't been updated in months... and the forum on their page has been defaced by ads. I fear for Shiira's future! Does anyone know what is going on with the development?

11. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

I really like Shiira, i'd ditch safari for it in a moment- but i find it crashes on some pages, most notibly when i do my online banking at www.halifax.co.uk

12. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

What needs to be updated?

13. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

14. iBunny macrumors 65816

15. aquanutz macrumors regular

I used Shiira extensively since it was in .6 dev. I loved it, it was so much faster than Safari. However, in the recent past I switched to Camino because Shiira didn't keep my passwords all too well and other reasons I don't recall. I may pick it back up again some day, I love switching browsers.

16. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

17. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That's just begging for someone to say "that's not about Shiira so get the Flock out of here." :D

18. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

Am I the only one that things that screenshot of Shiira looks horrible?

19. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

Flock is getting better with each release. I don't use it as a primary browser yet, but I run it every once in awhile because I love the integration with flickr and del.icio.us.

Attached Files:

20. aquanutz macrumors regular

I agree, I hate those buttons, but you can make it look a hell of a lot better. Its all about preference. :D :D

21. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I like it better with the defaults.

Attached Files:

22. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

oo snaps given me credit :p

I love Shiira. I like the tabs expose & then loading ... turn page thingy.

[​IMG]

THAT thingy. It's cool, but only when you have a fast internet connection & computer.

23. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

lol as sad as this is... that turn page thingy just got me sold. i'm gonna download it and give it a shot when i get home from work today. :)

24. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

i just found this website that has quite a few of these themes. i'm looking forward to trying them when i get home! http://www.resexcellence.com/user_iTunes.shtml

25. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

ResExcellence was a great site 'till Scott left & came 2 new owners who turned it into a stupid wiki with no ''content'' :mad: