I LOVE the new 'Secure Empty Trash'-feature!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Bengt77, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Has anyone noticed how the new 'Secure Empty Trash'-feature works as a 'Force Delete'-function found in some utilities? I had a dockling (Prefling) open and wanted to upgrade to a newer version, so I dragged it from the Dock, trashed it and replaced it with the newer one. When I wanted to empty the Trash, Panther wouldn't let me. But, hear hear, I chose 'Secure Empty Trash' and it was deleted instantly; you've just got to love that...

:cool:

I'm hooked, and I mean totally hooked on Panther. So long Jaguar, it's been a nice year with you, but 10.3 just plain rocks so much more; incredible!

2. mr-mac macrumors newbie

Force Empty Trash Gone?

I like the secure empty trash, but i wish they would have left the force empty trash in as well. I tried to secure empty trash on about 4 gigs of info a few nights ago, and it took forever. at least the old force empty trash didn't take substatially longer than a regular empty.

3. pbooktebo macrumors member

Like many other Panther features

I have been using "Secure Empty Trash" for nearly every trash empty.

It may be beside the point, but I've never had any problems with anyone using my machine (hardly anyone does), and I don't think anyone would go to the trouble to try to recover my copy of the iSync update :D

I just can't stop using it because it is so cool–it makes my mac feel like a new and different machine (and with a 400Mhz TiBook, that's saying something).

What a fun week, playing with my "new" machine! Hope you're all having a great time, too.