I love these forums!

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by TSE, Jun 3, 2013.

1. TSE
    macrumors 68030

TSE

Fantastic community and fantastically ran! Just want to say the 6 years I've been here have been great!

Thanks MacRumors! :)

2. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

OMG!:eek:

I just fell off my chair!

Somebody saying something nice!

No griping!

OK, let me add my note of thanks, too.

I've only been around for 2 1/2 years, but in that time I've met some terrific people, made some offline friends, had some laughs, learned a bunch of stuff, and had the opportunity to make a few annoying, but well intentioned, posts.

My thanks to the Mods and Admins for keeping this a Forum that is a pleasure to join and in which to participate.

3. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

Would like to say thanks too. Always enjoy it here. :D

4. macrumors 68020

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
  5. macrumors 65816

decafjava

I gotta agree, a really nice place. I have found though the rules a bit more stringent here than other forums I've frequented. :eek:

6. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

And that is not necessarily a bad thing. The level of discourse here is much better than the comments on Engadget, BGR, etc.

7. macrumors regular

Concur. I have learned so much about Apple and their products. I visit several times during the day, checking for new headlines and posts to the forums.

8. Administrator

annk

Staff Member

It's great to read these comments, and I have to say I agree. I've been here for just over nine years, and it hasn't lost its appeal yet! :p

9. Contributor

Scepticalscribe

And yes, I enjoy it, too. In common with many others, I initially dropped in as a lurker, seeking to find out more about an Apple computer I was contemplating buying (and subsequently bought), lingered, browsed, joined, and decided to stay. And five years later, I still drop in, most days.

I've met some interesting people online through the forum, and made some new friends. In addition, I have also learned a lot, especially about how people think in the US. While I may not agree with much of it, it is still very instructive, and the online conversations have been a most welcome distraction from other concerns.

It is a forum where questions are mostly welcomed, moderation is sane yet boundaries are set and enforced, and people are free to come and go as they please, depending on personal and professional commitments. Five years later, it is one of the more interesting and thoughtful fora in the online world, and I must say it has added an extra dimension to my world.

10. macrumors 65816

I love this forum too. Its the best by far for anything :apple: related. At first I used to visit macworld but macrumors is the best by far. Am always guaranteed to visit this place at least once a day.

11. macrumors G3

Apple fanboy

Agree this is a great place to hang out. Lots of good advice and information. It's the only online forum I use as I'm not on Facebook or Twitter or anything. I was a long term lurker before joining and haven't regretted it since. Thanks to all you guys who make this the place to be for an Apple fan boy like me.

12. macrumors 65816

Aldaris

I have been here since the early internet days, I remember the leaks of the G5, and everyone still thinking it would be the same case as the G4 and what-not.

Overall the MacRumors community is the most friendly, tech savvy, apple buddy, group on the net-always willing to go out of their way to help each other. Occasionally you'll find a few with an 'agenda' but overall top notch.\

I agree with the OP 100%.

13. macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...yes, I think this is one of the most informative and helpful forums I've been on (and I participate on many, not just Mac but music, video, computer etc). I feel the rules and moderation are almost always spot on, and any complaints I might have are virtually always about those that can't be bothered to read the forum rules (or feel they are in some way exempt from them)...and the mods do a fab job dealing with it.

So, yeah...join the fun, but read the rules...they're really not that hard to follow....oh yeah!