I loves the coffee

Discussion in 'Community' started by Durandal7, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Good coffee is better then meth. That's why I like it and that's why I stopped doing meth.

What are your thoughts on coffee??? :confused: :confused: :eek:

2. diorio macrumors 6502a

Finally! Someone who shares my addiction! Coffee has rid me of many addictions, including meth. Oh yeah!

3. tibookowner macrumors newbie

coffee...

I finally was successful quitting smoking but dam if I'll quit drinking Coffee! I'll have to recommend Gevalia.com I joined up with them for the Free Coffeepot but it's darn good coffee!!!

4. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

5. MisterBlack macrumors member

I am the one of six people in seattle, wa. that does not drink coffee.

in the late eighties/early nineties, espresso stands brought on a weird northwest pride in drinking coffee that turned into coffee chains soliciting an addiction bearing an uncanny resemblance toward that of the highly debated tobacco situation. I admit, for a while I fell for it, but after an excruciating cold turkey ordeal that made herion withdrawal look like indigestion, i was free from the black monkey with sugar and frothy milk and whipped cream that had been clinging to my back for so long.

Now, I won't touch the stuff. Coffee makes me ill. Caffeinated products such as carbonated soda, even crap like red bull, is fine, but my body developed a defense mechanism against the poison that is coffee.

Now its simply a point of humor to see millions of worker drones dropping a hundred bucks a week at starbucks (the microsoft of the sweetened drink industry) to get their "grande latte enemas".

Now, you ask, what do i do to rouse myself in the morning? Nope, not meth, not even coke. I smoke a bowl. Smoking just one bowl of good sensimilla in the morning guarantees that i don't even know what's going on around me until like 11. I still operate to a certain degree, but when i come to around lunch time, i just don't remember.

Coffee aint got nuthin on that.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

[​IMG]

Since it's usually my only source I guess I'm being pickly when I take my drugs in an alternate form, usually some form of soda - diet if I'm on a massive binge, no need to get fat while consuming drugs. ;)

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I love coffee also, became a habit. Its also physically addictive, tried to stop at least once on the reccomendation of my doctor. Wanted to get off quickly, ended up with headaches. The headache was the kind that kept me in bed. When I took it slow, no problem. The reason that my doctor suggested stopping coffee was to decrease anxiety. Back on coffee and find no change with anxiety or sleeping. My mother told me that the idea that coffee will keep you awake is all in your head. So to this day I can drink coffee in the evening and still sleep.

Never took illegal drugs! Soda is my other vice.

My coffee favorite is Starbucks.

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

black love

coffee...uuuummmmm... :D

I will say this...I'm known in many circles to have a bit of a caffeine addiction... :eek:

coffee in the morning on the way to work...often after dinner also...

my favs are triple espresso & lattés :D

9. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I too love the coffee. Is the threaad title a subtle refference to Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back ("he loves the cock")?

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Coffee is better than most other forms of potable drugs.....I don't like Starbuck's though, although the Frappuccinos are nice in the summer. There is a local coffee house that roasts its own here in town - much tastier.

I only drink in the morning and usually not more than 16 oz.

D

11. diorio macrumors 6502a

No, I think you got nuthin on coffee.:p

12. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

... good espresso.

i hate to have too much water in my coffee :D

13. sonofeyelikeart macrumors newbie

Meth friggin rocks! I think all drugs should be legalized so I could feel groovy in public instead of my basement :D Go Al Gore!

14. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Pot and coffee go well together. my aunt always put seeds in her coffee to get an extra little morning buzz...

i'm so addicted to coffee that i buy a specialty creamer and am hoping for (going to buy myself?) a nice espresso machine for christmas...

:)
    pnw

15. tibookowner macrumors newbie

Don't bother doing Drugs!!!

I have to tell you folks... Dennis Leary is the Funniest! I must be the one person who laughed at his line, "I Could NEVER do a drug named after a part of my own butt" Due to the vulgar Language, I can't repeat it here, but you folks get the idea... BTW does anyone Seriously, does anyone Actually BELIEVE Mr. Hussien will cooperate? He's a Run Out the Clock typa guy!!!

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The Buzz on Decaf
    If you have high blood pressure, you may want to steer clear of both decaf and regular coffee.
    In a recent study, occasional coffee drinkers who drank a triple espresso experienced an increase in blood pressure and nervous system activity regardless of whether or not the drink contained caffeine. Coffee may contain substances, other than caffeine, that cause cardiovascular reactivity.

RealAge Benefit: Keeping your blood pressure at 115/76 mm Hg can make your RealAge as much as 12 years younger.

For most individuals, health experts believe that consuming moderate amounts of coffee, such as one or two cups per day, is probably not harmful. However, people with high blood pressure may be particularly susceptible to the cardiovascular effects of coffee. Habitual coffee drinkers who do not have high blood pressure may not exhibit the same cardiovascular response to coffee as non-coffee drinkers exhibit. Typically, habitual coffee drinkers have a smaller nervous system response to drinking coffee.

17. MisterBlack macrumors member

Is that supposed to mean something?

18. diorio macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry, I had a caffeine buzz (from coffee) when I posted that, no it doesn't mean anything.:)

19. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    oh, how i do love the java bean and dancing with the black monkey.

why all the negativity about addictions?

;)

20. diorio macrumors 6502a

Some addictions are okay, to a point. I think if you don't function well without that first cup, that it is kind of bad, but not life threatning. However if your trippin' out on meth everyday, you've got some problems.

21. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

I used to drink coffee, but now i drink coke. coffee was much worse for me seeing as how i used to use LOTS of sugar.

22. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

23. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

My name is SPG, and I am a caffeinator. I drink a big cup everyday because I need to. I quit for a year, and found that I could wake up earlier, with more energy, than when I was on coffee. You see the grogginess in the morning was from caffeine withdrawals.
    I'm back on the coffee now though, living in Seattle it's illegal to not drink coffee, let alone preach it's evils. For any of you who have to drive long distances in the night my secret to several land speed records (two still standing) is don't eat, then drink a red bull and 1 liter Mountain Dew at the same time. You will be wired awake and not too jittery (and having to constantly piss) like on too much coffee.
    I wouldn't recommend it everyday though, there's rumors that RedBull bonds the fatty cells inside the blood vessels in your brain making you much more susceptible to strokes.