I"m packing away my computer, going to seattle, wanting to say goodbuy

Discussion in 'Community' started by acidrock, Jun 1, 2004.

1. acidrock macrumors 6502

hey in the next few days I'll be packing my computer up, around fri, but am wanting to say goodbuy now, I think I will be very busy in the next few days finishing the quarter. I have just gotten back from my sisters graduation, it was hell being with my family again and I was unhappy and could not sleep many nights. I just got back but I am about to go to Seattle next week, I will be working in an MRI lab at the Uni of Wash, I am really excited and I can't wait. I won't be taking my computer with me for the summer, but will have email access etc at work. I will not forget you guys and will return to macrumors in the fall. Have any of you lived without your computer before? I did last summer, but still did email using my dad's. Anyway I will miss you guys, hope you all have wonderdful summers

nathan

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Then, take my good wishes with you for a good summer and forget about the computer. There's much more to life than that. :)

3. Awimoway macrumors 65816

I can't imagine life without my computer. Why aren't you taking it? Not a notebook? Nevertheless, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Don't forget to leave any big oxygen tanks in the room with the MRI equipment. I still shudder when I think of the news story about the person who was killed by a tank that flew up the hole when the MRI magnets were turned on. I've had a couple MRIs, and that would not be a fun place to get smashed.

Seattle will be great and UW is a nice campus. I'm kinda jealous. :)

4. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Most of Seattle is wireless, so I'd bring my computer and enjoy lots of fast wireless internet. :D

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You assume everyone's got a Powerbook....

Have fun. It would be nice to be able to kick the habit of checking your favourite sites every day. Its a habit. Seriously. I need help. I need to stop this. Help me. I can't stay away! I can't stop coming here to read the interesting threads posted here...

6. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    have fun and good luck

iv lived for about a month most recently without the internet, but not without my computer

i could probably do it, but it would be very difficult seeing its the main way i keep in touch with many of my friends who are spread across the globe

7. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

go on a trolling/flaming spree and your IP address will get banned in no time! :D (you can still browse, but what fun is that, just to read?)

8. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

you are so lucky, I wish I could live without my Powerbook :(

vSpacken

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wish you every success with your summer job. It sounds very interesting.

I was without a computer till I was 35 years old! :eek: Just happened to grow up prior to the computer age. :D

10. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Sorry to hear that

11. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Seattle? I hope you like Starbucks! :)

I hope your new job is as good as you expect it to be, Nathan. When you get a chance during summer or in the fall, post to this thread so we will know you are back.

Have a great summer. It'll go by quickly.

12. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

What a shame you have to say goodbye with such a typo... the mods should really fix that for you. :)

Cheers, we'll see you on the other side!

13. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

We know what was meant. But if acidrock asks, it will be done. No extra charge.

14. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

good luck without your computer...that sucks ;)

15. acidrock thread starter macrumors 6502

hey everyone, thanks for the well wishes. It is my choice not to have the computer, quite frankly, I am going to be sitting in front of one all day at work, and would rather not have one at home. As for the spelling the mods can do as they wish, I spell fenetic sometimes, and could really care less about typo's or spelling errors. I love how some people seem to be making a big deal about it in the posts I do when I make them, and then not in others at all. The MODS can do as they wish. I'll miss you guys though, thanks for making me feel so welcome in the forum. see you in the fall -n

16. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

It was a joke, we all make spelling errors.. I just thought it was funny. It wasn't meant as criticism in any way. :)

Good luck! I hope your computer at work is a mac!

17. acidrock thread starter macrumors 6502

unfortunately it is a PC, they have mac's there but the software they use is PC based, they only do emails on macs : ). Anyway no hard feelings about the spelling. I will be trying to get the doctor to let me put iTunes on it! -n

18. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Hey, if you really want me to correct your spelling, I will. :D Can you imagine reading a newspaper will spelling and/or punctuation mistakes?

Just the same, you'll learn a lot this summer and being away from the influence will be good for you. ;)

19. Awimoway macrumors 65816

:D You know, of course, that you jinxed yourself by talking about it at all.

Speaking of which, I work as a copy editor for a newspaper. We have a smaller, sister newspaper that doesn't have the staff for competent proofreading, and we mock it all the time. But my boss stopped after we let slip a horrendous typo in a front page headline about there being a "fatal stabbling." Fortunately, we caught it as the first papers were coming off the press and corrected it, but it shouldn't have gotten that far. My boss joked that a "stabbling" is where you stick the knife in and wiggle it around a while. But he's not joking about our sister newspaper anymore. Glass houses and all that rot.

20. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Of course, I shouldn't post when I haven't slept for more than 24 hours. :D