I made the mistake of letting my sons watch a video on my iPod.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by amin, Oct 12, 2006.

1. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

[​IMG]

Both Oliver (3 years old) and Philip (2 yo) have now thrown their Playschool Video Now to the curb. For the past day I can't use my iPod without hearing "I want MyPod. No I want MyPod." I created two monsters.

2. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

OMG! When I was their age I had a couple GI Joes and some comic books. We had a single B&W TV in the house and a record player that played 45's and 78's.

Seems like the cost of entertaining kids has gone up considerably since then. :p

3. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Thanks for the fair warning. :)

I don't remember much at 3 years of age. Wish I had an iPod video, though. Most of my days were spent playing with dried starfishes and seashells.

4. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

I've only just bought my first record player :D , but it's more to do with being a music snob who now listens to short-runs of 7" singles by obscure emo bands than anything else.

To the OP - your kids are gonna wreck that iPod if you don't put it in a case!

5. vi2867 macrumors 6502

vi2867

Just ordered a new Shuffle 2g

I know what you mean.

I just order a 2g Shuffle, and my son plays sports. As soon as he barrows it, I will never see it again...

6. sreedy macrumors 6502a

What you need is one of these just in case they drop it!

Attached Files:

7. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

haha Nice!

8. amin thread starter macrumors 6502a

amin

That is too funny! My solution is to not them them use it any more. If I let one use it, the other gets jealous and they will fight over it. I sure as heck aren't going to buy one for each of them. As it is, one of them will watch Sesame Street off Tivo while the other watches a different episode on the iMac in the same room. I think we need to take a step back and restore some order. Tough love and all that.

9. Rickay726 macrumors 6502

Rickay726

imainge what there gonna be like when they hit 16! thats nuts. there both going to have macpros or by then i would like to say superduperspeicalmac. with dual 50 inch monitors

10. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

If they're anything like my kids, the novelty will wear off pretty quickly, and you'll get your iPod back (hopefully still in one piece). Now, they usually don't request to watch TV on the iPod, in fact more often they want to listen to their audio playlists. :p

That said, having some of their programming on the iPod has been a lifesaver in many occasions where they need to stay in one place much longer than expected. Such as the time we had to wait for an extra hour at the doctor's office before my 5 year old's (then 4) surgery. Being able to have him calm down and watch something familiar was very helpful. It's also come in handy while on the road. My 3 year old has to do breathing treatments for asthma that require him to sit still for 10-15 minutes and there isn't much kid friendly programming in hotels at night... It's hard to read to him or play a game during the treatments since he needs to sit straight and it's quite noisy, so TV provides a decent focal point.

B