I miss the old bumps for finding the home row on the old keyboards!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pizzach, Nov 19, 2005.

1. pizzach macrumors member

pizzach

I still don't get it. I used a Mac from 7.x to 10.x. I still can't get comfortable with how the bumps on the keyboard with modern day keyboards on the F and J keys. I don't look at the keyboard. Most normal people have longer middle fingers than pointers. Thus the bumps make sense on the D and K keys as of old. It causes finger strain with F and J. (-_-); I wish so much of Mac OS X stuff wouldn't have been made for Windows users.

The only way you know something was truely designed well was when you lose it. Anyone know of keyboards sold in old style?

Side note: This is from a Dvorak user by the way. There is no point for me to look at the keyboard.

2. portent macrumors 6502a

They haven't been on the D/K keys since ADB keyboards, right? What's that now, seven years?

It did make more sense to have them there, but keep in mind that 95+ % of all keyboards had them on the F/J keys. If the point is to help you put your fingers on the right keys, then Apple did the right thing in joining up with the rest of the world. I remember being frustrated when the changeover happened, but I got used to it within a week or so.

3. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You'll be wanting a hot glue gun and some coarse sandpaper. It should only really be a five minute job. :)

5. generik macrumors 601

generik

You can try an old IBM model M.. the keyboard that's so strong, it will crush any modern day PC :D

6. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Since you NEVER look at the keyboard, just switch your F/D and J/K keys. Now your bumps are where you want them.