I miss using my portable computer :)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by edwardlanti, Nov 13, 2006.

1. edwardlanti macrumors regular

Hey guys I just wanted to see if I am the only one that think like this...My first apple computer was a powerbook like 2 years ago. I really loved it but then came the new iMac with the intel chip and I really wanted it, so I went ahead and sold my powerbook and got myself a 20" IMac...I really love it dont get me wrong but I dont find myself using the desktop as much as I did when I had my laptop. So now I am thinking of selling my IMac and get one of the new macbook pro lol..what do guys think?

2. whawhat macrumors 6502

do what makes you happy. i love having a laptop, esp. in nyc. been using a powerbook g4 ti for a few years now. finally ordered a new macbook and will hook it up to my external 23" acd when i'm home. best of both worlds

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i like having a notebook because i can take it places - like from my kitchen to my bedroom to my living room and also to starbuck's or panera or other places like that (with free wireless internet). sounds like you're missing the portability - i say sell the iMac and get a MB or MBP and an external display!

based on your sig, it looks like you've decided to sell already!

4. edwardlanti thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I did decided already lol...I spent more time outside then I do in my house...and If I am home, I like to use it in my bed or in a different room