i must be CRAZY!!! Just Ordered ipod mini!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by whw5, Jul 18, 2004.

1. whw5 macrumors regular

Hey guys. I just ordered the silver ipod mini to complement my powerbook. Unfortunantly the wait to get it is a month. And yes I know new ipods are coming out. I really don't care. I have the 10Gb 2G ipod and it works great. I needed the ipod mini for working out and running. Plus it was my birthday so I could get it for free from my parents. :D Do you think the wait will be more than a month? I hope they don't get updated soon.
    Do any of you own 2 ipods for different reasons. If you do please tell me why and what you use them for. I have 2 but I dont know if thats weird to have 2.

2. svenr macrumors regular

I would've used at least 10 exclamation marks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They are so coooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AND YOU SHOULD'VE WRITTEN IN ALL-CAPS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. U2Rules! macrumors member

Don't wait a month, check out Target, Best Buy, or some other retailer. I had a mini ordered from apple and got sick of waiting. Checked out the local Target store and they had several that "just arrived". Got my Silver Mini in hot little hand pronto!

4. OziMac macrumors 6502

I worry about the Minis being updated too, given that they've only just become available outside the US. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago, and it arrives on Friday - but that's after a 5 month wait for them to become available :) I think it's quite possible they could be updated next month given several ominous rumours, which will be a real shame for all those that have been waiting to receive them for so long, especially those not in the US.

As of tomorrow I will have no iPod until Friday, but will definitely have two once the 4gs become available - you can always mix and match them for different purposes (working out, travelling, car etc). It's definitely a luxury though, not something you'd expect too many people having - some might even call it stupid or obsessive - but they're just not very nice ;)

5. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Have you gotten shipping confirmation? I bet dollars to pesos that you won't get it anywhere near to friday if you havn't.

6. OziMac macrumors 6502

No I haven't, but I'll take that bet... it's three days out and there's been no revision to the ship date. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be here by then since it's not a US order with the customary 4 week waiting period + delays and given that they pre-planned the international release date and mine was one of the first orders through. I'll let you know on Friday, mate :)

7. cubist macrumors 68020

Why would there be a revision? There may be a higher capacity model down the road, but so what? And what's wrong with having two? If you feel funny, use one for your audiobooks or whatnot. You want different music for working out & running vs. studying, right?

8. whw5 thread starter macrumors regular

I guess it doesn't matter even if they update the mini to a bigger hard drive. So what? I mean 4Gb is plenty for the ipod mini. Its not as if they are going to be adding wireless streaming to it right?

9. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Yes. I have a few...

Congrats on the new ipod. You will really like the mini. They won't update them anytime soon. Demand is way to high. And it just started shipping world wide. And besides, any new features will most likely be added to the original iPod first.

I have several iPods, and I use them for several purposes. My original iPod (5 gig scroll wheel) I just keep it around to hook up to my stereo and play music. (well untill I got airtunes)

My one Mini I use to take to class and everyday use.

The other mini stays in my car, for CarTunes.

My roomates iPod just sits there. Talk about a waste.

10. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

This is true. It might take some digging and a little luck but they are out there. I got mine in February and 2 weeks later when the supply went dry, I was in CompUSA and noticed a half dozen just sitting in the case, beggin' to be taken home. Best of luck.

11. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Ok. If I'm right, you HAVE to send me a Coke. I will send you one if your right.

12. OziMac macrumors 6502

LOL, you've got yourself a deal, partner. :D