I need a bluetooth Keyboard but...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sbb155, Feb 23, 2005.

1. sbb155 macrumors 6502

Jan 15, 2005
    Hello guys,
    I am in the process of getting a mac, as many of you have helped me, I wanted to thank you.

Now, I will have a PC laptop and a Mac Powerbook. They BOTH have bluetooth. They will connect to 2 separate monitors. What I would like to do is have them work with ONE bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

Can you reccomend a KB/Mouse combo (model #) that will work with BOTH? This way, when I use the PC, I can just disable the BT on the mac and type away. Likewise, when I use the mouse.

Thanks guys,
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    as of right now i know of no way that this is possible, because of the way in which BT works, it has to be paired with a computer to work and connect, and you would have to pair it with each computer each time you wanted to use it, your better bet would to get a wired keyboard and a mouse that is wireless through RF signals so that you still can be wireless, though not through BT and use i a KVM switch for your monitore, KB & Mouse
  3. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

Apr 5, 2004
    Huntsville, AL
  4. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Aug 17, 2004
    Communard de Londres
  5. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

Aug 30, 2004
    West Monroe, Louisiana
    here's what i do

This doesn't necessarily pertain to your situation, because you have 2 laptops, but i have a wireless keyboard and mouse from Logitech and a bluetooth keyboard and mouse from Apple. What i do is I have it set up on an 'L' shaped desk and so the wireless keyboard is on the left and the bluetooth keyboard is on the right on a tray... you can see pics here. Before i had this desk tho, what i would do is dock my MX700 mouse and set the keyboard on top of the PC's tower. Now it sits alone on the L shape and the mouse and my new BT mouse share a keyboard. In those pics i'm still using the MX310 that was connected to my PB, and i really like it.

Good luck with your situation.