i need a free audio recorder for OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PCGamer11, Aug 21, 2004.

1. PCGamer11 macrumors member

i need some freeware that will let me record streaming audio coming from my speakers. for example: i listen to KFI AM 640 online, and i want to record it. any ideas?

2. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Audio Hijack is an excellent program, I use the Pro version all the time and it's definitely worth the $$$. You'd probably want the full version, which you have to pay for, but the non-Pro version would probably work excellent for you as well. Otherwise, there is RadioLover which I believe is free, but I have absolutely no idea if it's any good at all. Another option might be ReCron, which I believe is completely freeware, but again, I have no experience using it so I am not sure if it is any good whatsoever.

Hope this helps! :cool:

3. jeffy.dee-lux macrumors 6502a

ambrosia's wiretap records whatever is playing through your speakers, be it iTunes, system sounds or Homestarrunner.com. I got me some great quotes from those guys...

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/freebies/

Now does anyone know of a simple freeware program that can record from the built in mic on my imac?

4. Angelus macrumors 6502

How old is your mac? Did it come with Sound Studio preloaded? I used that to copy some of my dad's DCC's to AAC.
    Other than that, try using wiretap. It's very handy!

5. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

SoundStudio came pre-loaded on my iMac and it works great for recording from the built-in mic - just click Record and you're good to go!