I need a "GOOD" freeware XML & XSL(T) Editor

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slooksterPSV, Nov 17, 2005.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I need a "GOOD" not one of those sloppy ones that don't work half the time, XML & XSL & XSLT Editor that is FREE. Not one that costs like oxyGen XML Editor. I want a FREEWARE one.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

I don't think it's what you're looking for, but TextWrangler is free now, and it will do syntax highlighting for XML. It is otherwise just a powerful raw text editor, however, so it doesn't sound quite right for you (perhaps worth a look anyway, though--I love that app).

3. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I use that 24/7, but I'm looking for more like... ya know how Dev-C++ formats the text as you write it like, if I start typing print it'll popup with printf(const char [, arg, ...]);
    like that? I want something that'll check for errors as I type things, so far just found an XML editor - came with a css editor as well.

4. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I've never seen any good XML editors for Mac OS X besides the Java ones... for my XML editing I just use BBEdit, and then send the XML file to Firefox to see if there are errors. Works well for me.

5. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

TextEdit won't save as XML will it? Wow... it will to Word XML. I think I'll just develope a PHP application to help me out with XML - I love PHP. As for the Java ones, they cost money $$$ which I don't have :(. But I did buy me a nice ring - Celtic Knot.

6. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

XML is plain text. Save your text files as .xml or whatever. TextEdit can do it.

7. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Probably overkill - but Eclipse + some plugins such as EclipseXSLT might be an option.

8. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I may have to try that.

9. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

textmate (www.macromates.com) has pretty good support for most languages. It has XML code highlighting and snippets.