Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GreyFox1221

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
If any has any suggestions please post them. If you can add a picture. Thanks.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
for those wanting to change many icons quickly and easily be able to revert back to the default icons. CandyBar is a great app to use and have. cheap too.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Expand the archives by double clicking on them. This will give you a new folder with the various icons showing in it.

Download Candybar, just Google it, then run Candybar. Its really easy to use, you'll see categories with your current icons in it, you can just drag and drop the new icons on to the ones you want to replace.

PS - Landham's stuff is great. Some superb icons and wallpapers too.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I'm currently using the 'Albook Complete' set from here. It has the most complete set of application icons that I like which I've found so far.

The Dock looks like this:

Finder looks like this:
picture2jo7.png

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
furious said:
just copy paste the icon in the "get info" window. don;t pay for candy bar.:rolleyes:
You can download a trial of CandyBar. This gives you full use BUT you can only change your icons 15 times, I believe. CandyBar lets you change system icons (e.g. the trash can). Cut 'n' pasting to Get Info won't.

Also you'll see plenty of examples in the October Desktops picture thread (or any other month's thread)

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
If you are after a total icon overhaul a cool little trick for custom login icons is to use PSDs. They support transparency so you can have nice drop shadows etc with no white background. PNGs dont work for some reason!

Just my 2 cents. I'll post a pic later. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.