I need a good icon theme.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GreyFox1221, Oct 16, 2006.

1. GreyFox1221 macrumors regular

Apr 16, 2005
    If any has any suggestions please post them. If you can add a picture. Thanks.
  2. 66217 Guest

Jan 30, 2006
  3. dreamsINdigital macrumors 6502

Sep 4, 2006
    Check out the MINIUM icon set, or any icon sets made by David Lanham. They're great.
  4. will0407 macrumors 6502a

May 20, 2006
  5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    for those wanting to change many icons quickly and easily be able to revert back to the default icons. CandyBar is a great app to use and have. cheap too.
  6. shane0mac macrumors member

Oct 12, 2006
    alberta, canadia!
    so i've downloaded a few, one is a .bin file and teh other is a .sit file.
    How do i make them work?
  7. ascender macrumors 65816

Dec 8, 2005
    Expand the archives by double clicking on them. This will give you a new folder with the various icons showing in it.

Download Candybar, just Google it, then run Candybar. Its really easy to use, you'll see categories with your current icons in it, you can just drag and drop the new icons on to the ones you want to replace.

PS - Landham's stuff is great. Some superb icons and wallpapers too.
  8. furious macrumors 65816

Aug 7, 2006
    just copy paste the icon in the "get info" window. don;t pay for candy bar.:rolleyes:
  9. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    I'm currently using the 'Albook Complete' set from here. It has the most complete set of application icons that I like which I've found so far.

The Dock looks like this:

Finder looks like this:
  10. MrSmith macrumors 68040

Nov 27, 2003
    You can download a trial of CandyBar. This gives you full use BUT you can only change your icons 15 times, I believe. CandyBar lets you change system icons (e.g. the trash can). Cut 'n' pasting to Get Info won't.

Also you'll see plenty of examples in the October Desktops picture thread (or any other month's thread)
  11. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    If you are after a total icon overhaul a cool little trick for custom login icons is to use PSDs. They support transparency so you can have nice drop shadows etc with no white background. PNGs dont work for some reason!

Just my 2 cents. I'll post a pic later. :)