I need a good macbook game!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ljump12, Jul 9, 2006.

1. ljump12 macrumors 6502

i want a game for my macbook; but i dont have the kind of money to spend on WOW; I would really like something that sucks me in; yet is still new and has decent graphics. I would install Counterstrike or Battlefield 2 or something.. but this is mac not windows.... And my harddrive isnt big enough to install windows and dual boot :(.

2. mishi macrumors regular

mishi

CoD2

try CoD2...it should run acceptable on a macbook since it runs acceptable on my approaching 3 year old powerbook 17". although the single player mode runs very slowly multiplayer is enjoyable on full eye candy.

if you want to play the single player mode just buy CoD1 there is fairly little difference

3. ljump12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks but ive already palayed it on the PC; and i diddnt enjoy the multiplayer that much; maybe ill give it a shot if nothing better comes up... any other ideas?

4. ljump12 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

6. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

7. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

ITALIA! ITALIA! ITALIA!

Cool game find, didn't know it existed and it looks really cool. I'll have to have a play... AFTER THE WORLD CUP TOO!!

8. batman123 macrumors regular

YUP ME TOO SUPPORTING ITALY!!! :D :D :D

btw- i havent got a mac yet :( will that work on pc if i dwnld?

9. ljump12 thread starter macrumors 6502

10. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

ITALIA! ITALIA! ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!!

They win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Silly Burrito macrumors newbie

Well, if you like Poker, there's http://www.ddpoker.com/. I found it at Target for $4.99, and it's a pretty good bargain. Not much on graphics, but then again, it's poker!

Also, the Big Bang boardgames in the Macbook are really nice. The checkers game has sucked away a lot of my time.

Finally, the graphics aren't superb by today's standards, but if you want a game that will literally have you looking at the clock wondering where the time went, go for the open source port of Star Control 2, The Ur-Quan Masters at http://sc2.sourceforge.net/. That's a friggin GREAT game!

12. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

definitely try call of duty 2. there is a demo out now. it weighs in at over 600MB. always good to try before you buy.

aussie_geek

COD 2 DEMO

13. keithbennis macrumors regular

keithbennis

I really enjoyed playing W:ET as well, (esp FuelDump)... but it seems to be slightly laggy during intense parts of the game under Rosetta.

Get bootcamp and install Windows... this is what I'm doing to play CS:S and DOD:S

14. mishi macrumors regular

mishi

thanks for that link i might actually try that game :rolleyes:

15. macblackbook macrumors newbie

I got it COD2 demo today and it works fine. The graphics are very standard. My macbook runs fine doesnt lag..very little some instances there was lag but almost none. I have 1.25 gb ram. Should I get 2 gb of ram? Will it improve graphics if i get 2 gb of ram or should i keep 1.25 gb ram if it runs fine? If I can get better graphics with 2 gb i'll pay $80 for an extra 1gb of ram