Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmitch03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
i need a logic board for a 12" ibook g4 1.33ghz any idea where i can get this for less than $400?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Depending on the currency we're talking about, $400 might be a bit ambitious. iFixit has them going for US$550 which is quite steep, but you know you'll be getting a quality, new product.

You might be able to find a cheaper used logic board ion eBay or something, but you won't know whether it's good 'til you've installed it and there won't be any mechanisms in place to get your money back if it doesn't. :eek:

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
My Powerbook needed a new logic board, and I just ended up letting a local Apple Store take care of it. It's going to set me back $350, but it's a flat fee, so if they screw anything else up, or if anything else is also a problem, they'll fix it. You might want to call up a store near you and see what they'll ask for the repair.

stuuke

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2004
Apple will repair it for $300 after your warranty is up. I had the exact same computer and my logic board went out a couple of months after Applecare was up.

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
I would go ahead and let them handle it and keep very complete records.
Hopefully you established a case number when your trouble began and
Apple Customer Relations may rule in your favor.

It all depends on what caused the failure.

Make sure you remove any third party RAM before taking it in.

dmitch03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
well my failure is self induced. I messed up the logic board upgrading the hdd, i didnt tell my local apple store that but they gave me a third party place to call and they told me that it would cost $700 with labor! but i found one on ebay for $350 which is the lowest I have yet to find.

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
No clue if it would help, but you might check with the guys at XLR8YourMac.com
to see what they might be able to scarf up.

What about installing a new hard drive, caused the logic board failure, any idea?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.