i need a new desk chair

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by furcalchick, Feb 15, 2007.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

this seems unrelated to mac or even electronics, but i need a new desk chair so that i can enjoy my macbook to the fullest when i'm planted at my desk chair in my room. i currently use a moonchair, which isn't the ideal situation, as it's a bit low for the desk level and just doesn't go with it. i haven't had a real chair in almost four years, and have been doing with makeshift ones instead, all haven't lasted long. but i really need a true chair to finish my room makeover.

i already have an idea of the chair i want, a bucket chair, similar to the one here. http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...2-3838253?ie=UTF8&asin=B000ER798K&frombrowse=

[​IMG]

well, the problem is that it's 60 bucks, a bit more than i'm willing to spend on a chair. i'm looking for some help seeing if someone could find me a chair at a price of under 50 bucks total (that inculdes tax and shipping).

thanks.

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Depends on the height of your desk, but the best chair I've ever had is this one:

[​IMG]

If you suffer from back pains (as I do, very badly), then it's a miracle, plus it really helps with strengthening your legs...

3. mcatt66 macrumors member

mcatt66

looks cool but not to comfortable. . i find office max the best place to get office chairs. . good prices

4. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

that was actually one of my makeshift chairs for a few months. it eventually popped, and plus i've since moved, and don't really have space for it now.

maybe i could get one of those again if the chair thing doesn't work out.

5. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Ooo could you explain what happened when yours popped? I'm getting nervous sitting on mine now... :eek:

6. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

bounced on it too much. but i did it almost an hour everyday for nearly three months. so i wouldn't worry.

7. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i'm going with the excerise ball

i loved it last time i had it, and it's a heck of alot cheaper than most of the other chairs out there. also helps me with my back support and gives me a good workout, as well as brining me to the level of my desk, which is about 30 inches in height.

thanks!!

8. Blazer5913 macrumors 6502

haha, anybody here fans of "The Office?"... Dwight and his bouncing ball chair

9. hidea macrumors regular

10. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

11. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Are you really that neat or did you clean up just for this pic? :p I would have never thought of using that as a chair, mine works just fine...

12. hidea macrumors regular

Ohh.. wops :p.

That exercise ball is the answer then :D