I need a new machine and Im looking to Core Duo but...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by brikeh, Feb 5, 2006.

1. brikeh macrumors 6502a

brikeh

Hey Guys!

Ive had nothing but problems with my 17" iMac w/iSight and when apple tech told me they wanted me to take my 3rd(!) one in for reapairs I just lost it and said no, theyre giving me a full refund now. The iMacs scare me a bit, especially rev-a now that theyve switched to intel, instead of buying a new 20 in core duo I am seriously contemplating buying a mac mini with at crisp 20 in. cinema display. Is this stupid? Should I go fo the Core Duo instead? I dont think I have the energy to send yet another defective computer back....if it should happen that is. :confused:

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

That would be a realistic idea as long as you are only using basic apps. You are going to lose a lot of computing power going from a G5 iMac to a Mini.

3. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

I too had problems with my iMac G5 but I'm now a VERY happy user of the iMac Core Duo

4. brikeh thread starter macrumors 6502a

brikeh

No video tearing for you then? Me I´m a magnet for sh** like that. It will probably happen if I get it. I´d be using whatever i buy for iLife, a little music in garageband, surfin´and burning a couple of dvds. Think the mini would do it?