I need a new router that will play friendly with my Macbook.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SuperSnake2012, Jan 15, 2007.

1. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

My netgear router is driving me crazy. I've had it since the end of 2004 and it's slowly dying on me. It randomly drops the connection, and often runs very slowly. It used to be great so I'm assuming it's the router. I've had two different wireless routers because my Linksys died as well. I just want a reliable router that works well with Macbooks. I don't want to spend a fortune, so I am not buying the new Airport.

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

Get yourself a wireless n router with the speculated enabler that Apple will release in February.

3. SuperSnake2012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It would be pointless for me considering I have the Core Duo Macbook, without the N capabilities.

4. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

It's been a couple years since I used their products, but my old D-Link router worked fine with my Powerbook. They advertise (on their site) which of their products are "Mac compatible", although technically they all are since they're standards based.

I did upgrade to an Airport Extreme because I wanted the higher speeds and the USB printer port; and I do really like the AE. But the changeover wasn't due to dissatisfaction with D-Link.

5. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

Oh- we specify next time :p sucks for ya.

6. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

7. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

Agreed. My AExpress unit works great, and the additional mini-jack port that allows for 'Airtunes' is a nice feature. I've never had a problem with a dropped signal with my Macs or with friend's pc-laptops. Is $99 too much?

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new AE base-station, 'n' or not, since the units definitely play friendly with Macs and take no time to set up a secure network, and we get to add NAS to the mix.