I need advice from actual users of the SE W810 and Nokia 5300

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 66217, Feb 11, 2007.

1. 66217 Guest

I can't decide between these two phones, and I don't trust a lot in the comments at CNet because either people make reviews without even having the phone or just put "GREAT PHONE" without any more info.

So, any recommendations?

I also would be curious if anyone has the Nokia 8800/8801. It seems to be a good phone.

Thanks,

Roco

2. PCRanger macrumors regular

I've got the W810i, and it's a pretty good phone if you ask me.
    Better OS than Motorolas, not sure about the modern Nokias, haven't tried them.
    The battery life is pretty good, should last at least 2 weeks on standby I think, don't quote me on that though!
    I've found the walkman feature pretty useful, when out and about, waiting in unexpected queues, etc.
    Erm...it's got some good little programs/features, like the countdown timer, I use for cooking etc...
    I don't really know what you'd like to know, but I'd be happy to try and answer any questions you have?

Sorry about the slightly crazy post...:eek:

3. 66217 thread starter Guest

Thanks for the fast reply

What I am most concerned about the SE is:
    1- The top keys seem to be very hard to click. Like too much in so little space. Do you find this annoying?

2- The other think I am not sure I would like about SE is the user interface. Though everyone tells me you get used to it in the first month.

3- And the one thing that bothers me the most about SE. Is it possible to use the iPod earphones in this cell phone? Is the converter to big for it to be an option?

Thanks a lot

4. PCRanger macrumors regular

1. If by the top key, you mean the button in the centre of the direction keys, it's very easy to press when you need it, I wouldn't worry.

2. I got used to the interface fairly quickly, and it's pretty well designed really, the only annoying thing is accidently starting media files playing occassionaly by pressing the button on the side, but that's probably just me being clumsy, as the button is actually beveled in, like the power button, so it shouldn't be pressed without intention.

3. The output is a standard 3.5mm jack, so you can plug any headphones/audio cables you like into it! Pretty good feature if you ask me!

Let me know if you need anymore info! ;)