I need advice: PB 15"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by scollie41, Dec 3, 2003.

  1. scollie41 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2003
    Location:
    Charlotte, NC
    #1
    I know the their were some issues with the 15" PB's when they first came out. Has this been resolved? I will be buying on in Jan/Feb and was just wondering. Thanks.
     
  2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

    MoparShaha

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Location:
    San Francisco
    #2
    Yeah, most of the issues have been resolved now. The newer 15" PB's are using a different screen, and by the time you are ready to buy, everything should be sorted out for sure.
     
  3. advres Guest

    advres

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2003
    Location:
    Boston
    #3
    No problems

    Not all of the powerbooks had problems. Mine was the first unit to leave the Apple store in New Hampshire and i have had absolutely no problems with it.
     
  4. MyPB&Me macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2003
    #4
    Ordered mine (1.25ghz) on October 20th and got it on Nov. 15th. After a week and a half I've got 2 white spots on my screen. I am not that pissed to be honest, I can barely notice most of the time and apple sent the box so I can have the screen replaced. I will probably send it out on friday and see how it goes. If I get another ****ty screen I may be a little pissed, but I am sure they will get it right somewhat soon. I love the thing so much I can't get mad at it for this. Its so freak'n fast, much faster then I had imagined it to be. I wonder why I ever even considered a G5 when I don't need the power I've got.
     
  5. herrmill macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2003
    Location:
    Jacksonville, FL, Shanghai, China & NW 11/12
    #5
    PB 15"

    Go ahead & buy the ai 15". I have had mine now for 3 weeks and simply love this machine. Aside from the latch which was quickly adjusted, I have absolutely no complaints & boy, does it warrant attention everywhere I go!
     
  6. guigo macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2003
    #6
    If you can spend 400 dólars more, I'll tell you to get the 1.33 17"
    I was going to buy a 15" 1.25, but with all the problems, I change and have no regrets on that....
    the 17" is not as big as most people usually says and the display is flawless....besides that, it's a rev b
    Be a 15 or a 17", you will be a happy person....
    regards
    Guilherme
    Brazil
     
  7. scollie41 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2003
    Location:
    Charlotte, NC
    #7
    That's something I have considered. I really don't know yet. I know I am waiting until Jan/Feb to buy and maybe by that point, there will be a rev b of the 15" who knows!
     
  8. g808 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2003
    Location:
    Bay Area, CA
    #8
    i absolutely agree! if you can afford the $$$, then it's totally worth it. i'm glad it did. i don't think i could part with the extra screen size, and i've had no problems with it so far *knock on wood*. plus you get used to the size. even when you first get it, it doesn't seem as big as you would think.
     

Share This Page