i need an app that will show network throughput.

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cb911, Oct 31, 2002.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i'm looking for an app that can show ethernet/network throughput. i just want this so i can keep tabs on how much i download- i'm on a 3GB a month plan and it gets limited to 27k/s or something if i go over. and i don't have my internet settings set up on my TiBook either, i just plug in the network cable and away i go.

so does anyone know a app that can measure network throughput, even if you don't have the internet set-up?

i really need this, so thanks in advance for all you help!:D

i just found one on versiontracker called granet. but if anyone knows of a better one, please let me know.:)

edit>> i just tried granet & it only shows network activity, it doesn't keep a record of how much is downloaded.

what i really need is an app that will record how much i d/l. can anyone help me out?

2. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

I used to have netbarrier, it is a firewall, that also will show you your actual network speed. I think it also will log the total amount in and out, but im not sure, as i never used such a feature.

3. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

thanks. can you get that app on versiontracker? anyway, i'll have a look. anyone know of other apps that can keep track of total MB's downloaded?

4. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

...there are a ton at versiontracker.com, a good one is IPNetMonitor, good luck!

5. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

i just got IPNetMonitor X. so far, the only way i can see that it keeps a record of all data transfered is by the monitor tab, but it looks like it keeps refreshing that.

does anyone know if there is a way for it to keep a log of the total data transfered for a given moth?

or does anyone know other apps that can log the total data transferred?

6. dricci macrumors 6502a

7. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

he he :) i'm seriously thinking about it. i've found one that has different plans and you can pay an extra AUD$20 to get unlimited on the weekends. :D that would be sweet!!!:D :cool: :D but i've just signed up on this 3GB a month crappy OptusNet contract. but there's a disconnection fee and it's a 1 year contract. i'm starting to think that it might be worth paying that disconnection fee though...:rolleyes: