I need an icon...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GeeYouEye, Sep 20, 2004.

1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

I've rewritten MD5shot ( http://www.softyards.com/md5shot.html - finds the MD5 hash of a string or file without a trip to the Terminal) and before I rerelease it, I need an icon for it. Anyone want to make one? You'll get credit in the source code and Read Me at the very least!

2. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Could you write what it does is layman's terms. If I know what the program does, I might be able to throw something together for you.

3. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

MD5, or Message Digest 5 is a unique "signature" that can be generated by running through a series of one-way bitwise operators. It's used to check file integrity, and is an integral part of the passwd system on Unix machines. Theoretically, no two files or strings have the same MD5 hash, although in practice, collisions have occurred (though the probability of one occurring is something like 1:10^18). This program finds the MD5 hash of a file or string, without a trip to the Terminal.

4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

hey GUI...

i've been dabbling in icons...
    have done a few and i'm getting paid to do some more, but i would be happy to make it for free!

lemme know if you'd like me to do it and any ideas that you have for it. (email, pm, or aim is best to contact)