I need Castlevania DS Help! PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Games' started by hellodon, Oct 1, 2006.

1. hellodon macrumors 6502

I've been stuck in this game for months. I have about 50% of the map done..and I just can't seem to get to any of the next areas. There are holes in the ceilings that are blocked off, or too high. Or points on the map where I need to push a switch on the other side of the wall or something to be able to pass. And even a spot where there is water that I jump into and just float, but could pass if I could sink.

can anyone help? I tried looking at some walkthroughs on here but it's super hard for me to even figure out where in the walkthrough I am at because I've done a ton of things already.

I havent picked this game up in months, figured i'd give things another shot today but I've went to every spot on my map that looks like it could lead to the next area, and every one of them is blocked in some way. If i could turn into a bat (can you do that in this one?) I could get past it.

Here is a picture of the map...with some photoshop edits done to show where I cannot get passed. I have sort of "tinted" the areas that I cannot pased with a yellow circle. There are parts I cannot reach, parts that have a spiked type walk way through, a water part, and gates.

If you can help me progress in this game in even one of those directions, that would be great. This is the whole map that i found online. past the yellow circles, i have not reached yet. I may have missed something.

HELP PLEASE!

[​IMG]

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Rather than point out parts of the map you can't reach yet you'd be better saying which boss you have just beaten, your last upgrade etc.

Though on the furthest top-left area you need to jump along the Dinosaur skull things. make your own steps to the hole in the roof.

ps. I can't believe people actually look at maps online. totally spoils it for Castlevania games. ah well.

3. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

1. I don't know which boss I last fought or what my last item was, it was a long time ago..that's why i had to look up a map and show how much I've covered. I figured that was the only way I'd be able to show someone my progress in the game.

2. I don't pay attention or know bosses names or anything like that...because I never use walkthroughs or guides for these games, I actually resorted to looking them up online because I really felt like I was completely stuck and after hours of wandering, I really needed help. The castlevania games are my favorite games ever, I don't like to look for help online. I love this style they have been making for PS and gameboy and have played all of them so far without help.

So I get what you're saying and agree....i just looked that map up because I dont know where I am or how far into the game I am and wanted to show where I've been..showing map progress was really the only way to do that. If i knew which boss I last fought and stuff like that, i would have been able to use someones online walkthrough to figure out my next step....that's all i need is a little push in the right direction and i think ill be good...and i have never walked up the steps like youre saying with those skulls..but just did it and there are some items up there, but no where to move on in the game....bummer.

Thanks for the help tho!

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Go to the pause menu and look up Enemies. The bosses are right at the end of that, it should tell you which the last one was.

Can you double jump yet? It sounds like you need to learn to swim underwater so your not near the water bit... hmm. would it be at all possible for you to take a photo of your map so far just so we know where you're up to?

5. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

It looks like I my numbers go up to 116....110 is the last one that is filled in, Zephyr...the guy with claws. Before that is Gergoth, then between Puppet Master (107) and Gergot (109) I have an empty space with question marks..maybe I skipped a boss I should have fought somewhere?

Also here is a picture of my map.

[​IMG]

I've gone to all the areas that seemingly I can move past..but it seems that all of them are blocked in some way.

I am on level 30, and yes, I do have double jump.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You should now go fight Bat Company (boss) in the Silenced Ruins.

Have you fought Rahab yet?

Bloody hell I'm as lost as you here! And I've put 26 hours into my first game and 6 into a new save! haha.

7. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't see Rahab on my list (bosses are in the high numbers right?)

Where is the bat? I just find it odd that if you look at my map, it shows that i've been to every room that i can actually get to. you'd think i'd run into any boss i could fight.

i feel like i've fought a bat..but maybe not.

8. Jonnyeh macrumors newbie

Since you beat Zephyr, you can now stop time. Find the room that fires a cannon when you enter. If you stop time just after you enter, it opens up a new area. I believe it's near the bottom of the map, can't remember where exactly though. Good luck.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

If memory serves you need the 'swim' ability to get to the cannon bit to begin with. which means you need to fight Rahab (I'm sure you get the swim ability from it).

10. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm..I don't remember a cannon ever being fired..I guess I'm just going to have to cover the map from top to bottom.

I thought maybe that room where it looks like there is a black flame is something I'd have to do next (in the tower near the bottom..you can see a spot that I havent get passed).

I swear this happens to me once in every one of these games. And when i finally realize where I am supposed to go next, i feel so stupid because it was right in front of me...best style game out there. Can't wait for the next one.

11. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay i realized i can stop time. and there are a few spots that i didnt realize i could throw a dummy through and switch spots to get past..but this still does nothing for me.

Since I really want to avoid starting over....I have redone my map with some numbers and explanations..maybe this will bring something new to light...

1. A hole in the ceiling blocked by a metal looking gate
    2. A hole in the ceiling that is too high to reach even with double jump
    3. A door that has a spike path leading to it so i cannot walk to it
    4. A room with a moving black liquid looking thing coming out of the floor. It sort of bubbles
    5. Blocked on both sides by water
    6. Requires a "magic seal" that i obviously don't have
    7. A closed off gate, looks like a drill bit sort of..2 next to each other.
    8. Same thing as 7 but a single gate

I don't think there is any direction I am missing....

[​IMG]