I need downloable video clips

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Jun 13, 2003.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Hi, I need clips for my VJ performance and it is hard to find in the net. I need loops specially, nothing longuer than 10 seconds or so, at 320 x 240 if possible. I need things like:

Mokies doing strange stuff,
    Planets
    Things with a lot of color
    Etc.

Just imagine what you woul like to see in a big screen in a party.

Things like the avatars thread works but I need them bigger and downloable.

Thank you very much.:D

2. neut macrumors 68000

neut

there are some government sites out there with tons of public domain video clips...ill try to remember where.

3. cc bcc macrumors 6502

I think you should be making your own stuff as well.

Flash isn't that hard, but very good for VJ stuff.
    Also After Effects (not difficult if you know photoshop, it's much like photoshop but then for animations) is very good for making loops and weird color shizzle. And for manipulating the stuff you make in Flash and 3D.
    And of course 3D, I'd recommend Cinema 4D, easy to learn.

If you're a good VJ, you will be good at making your own stuff and be different from all those other VJs around.

Of course the Discovery Channel is excellent for recording dancing monkeys etc. for making loops (again, Adobe After Effects is your friend!) ;)

4. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

Yes, I know AF and all that but I need new material, I have found very funny stuff, I have a clip of a donkey trying to have sex to a fat man that was around in the field. I need to create a libarry of 80 clips. I'm doing my stuff but it takes easy one day for a good clip or 2 in after effects.

5. cc bcc macrumors 6502

Yeah I've seen that one too :D Actually, if I remember correctly, the man was trying to have sex with the donkey first before that happened. :( But the donkey struck back!

6. zed macrumors 6502

ive always wanted to collect video footage of some of the more memorable events in history.... real news making events... old ones, just to have them.

I've always planned to find a site that had such things but never got around to actually looking for one.

7. cc bcc macrumors 6502

Mymemory, if you do find sites with video footage, please post them here. Thanks! :)