I need help! My G4, iPod, & iBook were stolen!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by young1, Mar 8, 2004.

1. young1 macrumors newbie

Mar 8, 2004
    Someone kicked in my door on my house & took my PM G4 Dual 1 Ghz - 200Gb HDs (an 80, 60, 40 & 20), 1 GB Ram... my Dual USB iBook (2001) with 768 MB RAM, 30 GB HD & an added on combo drive, and airport... and also my 10 GB 2nd gen iPod.... as well as a PS2 with about 20 games... and a Canon Powershot A70 Digital camera.

Here is the crappy part. I set up EvoCam (http://www.evocam.com) this morning and I was watching the stream from work... well I saw the prick stealing it, then the link went dead before I could get a screen capture... I didnt have EvoCam set up to email images on motion... I am so P.O.d right now. I didnt have LapCop installed (or anything like that).

I have the serial numbers and correspodning MAC addresses... but there isnt any way to track them is there?

I thought that apple could possibly get the ip address from the Mac, if someone tried to access my iTunes library (the purchased songs) after i deauthorized them.

NO LUCK.... Anyone have any ideas that might help?

My insurance will cover this, but I dont like the idea of some ****** having my computer.
  2. HexMonkey Administrator

Staff Member

Feb 5, 2004
    New Zealand
  3. young1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 8, 2004
  4. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

Jan 15, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    how bout insurance... i had a breakin last year at my apartment. they stole my minidv cam, all my cd's and a few other not too expensive things. im lucky they didnt take my g4, ithink they were just kids tryin to steal whatever they could carry. anyway the point is, i called the police they came down took a report, called my insurance company for renters insurance i got paid in full.
  5. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

Mar 8, 2004
    Someone must have known

Someone must have known you had all your things. You can do a process of elimination and start making people you know spread the word. Do you live somewhere where your stuff is exsposed?
    That is terrible what happened. If only we lived in a Utopia, there would be no theft, or windows (pun intended). Best of luck.

6. young1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 8, 2004

Yeah, I have insurance... $500 deductible... i just had 1000's of digital pics... 3000 MP3s... movies of my new born son... ya know... stuff that I cant get back... I know that hazards of not backing things up... the cost of the hardware to do the backups was always more than i THOUGHT I could afford... but they would have probably stolen the backups too!