I Need Help Recording!

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Sawtoothdude, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Sawtoothdude macrumors regular

:confused: I am using a "Hollywood DV-Bridge" on my iBook G3 and trying to record audio through it, but i can not get the audio input over firewire to show up anywhere on the system. I have iMovie telling me that i have a DV camera is attched, How should i get this to work and what are some good recording apps to record over Firewire?

Thanks
    -Sawtoothdude

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

This is a dedicated video capture device. Do the specs of indicate that it can record audio outside of a DV stream? Is it a Core Audio compatible device? I take it it is not recognized as an audio device in the Sound preference?

I'll leave it to someone who has one of these to go into the particulars of any workarounds, but I think the only way is going to be to capture the sound as a movie with no picture, and then extract the sound from the movie file with some software.

3. Sawtoothdude thread starter macrumors regular

The only info i have for sure is that it is a Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge and that i have recorded movies over it before.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

My uninformed opinion is that you;re out of luck, because it isn't an audio device - it's a realtime analog to DV encoder. I can't find any reference to it being able to save anything other than a DV file.