I need Help with converting a font

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by fmpuk, Jul 10, 2004.

1. fmpuk macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2004
    hey all I am new here, and I have come to request a favour :).

Well I have been sent a font in a ".sit" file and as you probably know cannot be used on Windows, after reading up about the conversion process I found it was possible but I needed to extract the files on a MAC computer! Here's where I need a kind person to help me :) Would anyone be able to extract the files from this ".sit" file on their MAC and email me the results? You can use "Stuffit" to do this. A trial version can be downloaded here --> Download StuffIt Here

If you could it would be really highly appreciated!! If you think you could please email me and I can email you the file. edd@formypain.co.uk

In the way of viruses I can guarantee it contains no viruses what so ever!

Thanks VERY much - hope to here from one of you soon :) :)
  2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    First a warning to everyone: I would not download that file, it could be an exploit of some sort.

Second of all, if you found the download link for Stuffit Mac... how could you miss the Stuffit Windows version? Its linked from the same page. This leads me to believe that you either made a mistake or are trying to do something very morally wrong by taking advantage of everyone's helpful attitudes on this board.
  3. fmpuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2004
    Firstly this is NO sort of exploit. If you did wish for any sort of proof on my needing this file then here it is. My website (www.formypain.co.uk) is for a band called For my Pain (ironically) if you see the logo it is in the font "Lassigue D'mato" this is the font I need converting. Secondly, I am not stupid and DID see the Windows version but Windows cannot remove the files from a ".sis" file due to the fork of the file gets corrupt.

I came here purely asking a favour to help my site get a simple font. I am 15, I have no access to a MAC and so thought I would find a forum where I could ask for help in such a simple matter. I am NOT taking advantage nor is this an "exploit" I am merely trying to make my own site for my favourite band look nicer. Please do not accuse me of such things when you have NO proof that they are true.

I hope someone on here does realise that I am not trying to exploit people or take advantage. If anyone is still interested in lending me a hand my email again is edd@formypain.co.uk.

Thanks a lot.
  4. fmpuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2004
    Well thanks Crazzyeddie you put everyone RIGHT off *applaud* But fortunately I went on a different forum where someone helped me out - I am really MAD that you said them things about me and I hope some people agree that it was inapproriate.
  5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    For your information, you could have downloaded Stuffit Expander for Windows from this link: http://www.stuffit.com/cgi-bin/stuffit_loginpage.cgi?standardwinexp
  6. fmpuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2004
    how many times do i need to explain this? :confused: I cannot use the Windows version of Stuffit because the font's resource fork would be destroyed on windows. Hence needing it done on a mac. God you people are such stuck up bastards.

I wanted a favour, christ

I found a different forum, with NICE people who did it for me.