Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ConfuzedUser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2016
I jail broke my IPhone 4 and now when i turn it on it only stays on for a minute or two and then it goes to like the reset screen and takes forever to shut down. Also It doesn't give me enough time to connect to Itunes to factory reset it

Last edited:

ConfuzedUser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2016
Last summer/spring I downloaded the jailbreak software (Pengu). I think I was on 7.x.x? Then, I tried to open my phone again after a mysterious shut down. The phone opened like usual and I went to open Clash of clans. (Which was why I jail broke my phone). The phone shut down after about a minute or 2 (I will get you the real time in a couple minutes). But instead of just turning off the normal way, It did the update/progress bar until it completed and then it went to a small row of lines going in a circle.I can get up until it tells me to input my apple pass word when going to try to erase it, but then it just shuts off to the weird loading thing. I may be able to upload a video of it later.
[doublepost=1468872775][/doublepost]20.82 seconds Roughly

ConfuzedUser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2016
I did. That is the thing where you hold the sleep button and home button for 10 seconds.
[doublepost=1468924355][/doublepost]Exact same thing happens

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Maybe you're not doing it right.
All iPhones can enter dfu restore mode and restore to the latest iOS version.
Unless your device has a hardware issue then it will not restore and be stuck kinda where you are stuck right now.
So get it checked out at an iPhone repair shop if you can.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.