I need help! (WoW)

Discussion in 'Games' started by I ZaK I, Oct 21, 2006.

1. I ZaK I macrumors newbie

I have been playing for awhile and my time ran out. So I went out and bought a 60 day time card and used up the last of my money. I go to put it in and it says it has already been used before! So I call blizzard and tell them what happend and they said they cant give me another one because I am trying to get one for free. Can anyone help me? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

~Zak

2. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

What exactly do you want? Free time, yeah right. Comming on this forum as a newbie rank and asking for stuff generally won't get you a positive reaction. Blizzard would ask you to fax them proof of purchase so that discredits your story all the more.

3. I ZaK I thread starter macrumors newbie

[Number and image removed to prevent others from attempting to use it - but the image of the card matched the number - jsw]

^^^ Thats the picture.

Im not lieing.

~Zak

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Call again, and be sure to have your receipt and tell them you have an image of the card. Be persistent and ask for a supervisor if you're initially blown off - and ask for the name of the person who is dealing with you. If, in fact, your claim is legitimate, you will eventually get someone who will help you. They sold a product, and the fact that someone can generate serial numbers and steal your number in advance doesn't mean Blizzard is not accountable for the promised time on the card.

5. I ZaK I thread starter macrumors newbie

I called back and even though I showed them the picture they are saying I am trying to scam them.

~Zak

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Assuming you aren't, and assuming you have the receipt as well, call back and escalate the call.

7. I ZaK I thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I will but what should I say? Like should I say if I don't get a new number I will sue? What do I say????

~Zak

8. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Oh say something like this:

"I believe Blizzard to be a respectable company you you're giving me B@$!#it like this?!?!"

Just a suggestion.

9. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

if you purchased it at a certain time then you can take it back to the store and get a new one. becasue blizzard should be able to tell you when the number was in use. and if itwas in use before you bought it the store should get you a new one. not blizzard. there is no way for blizzard to link the card withg when you bought it. so it will be hard to exchange it from them.

10. PillarFan1 macrumors member

just play on a private server...

wowscape.net

11. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

WoW sucks. Plain and simple.

Dump the 15 dollar a month.

I find Guild Wars much, much more enjoyable.

Now they just need to make it for Mac OS X.

Oh, BTW, Guild Wars is FREE.

12. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Was the card brand new (ie. it wasn't already scratched)?

13. Catfish Jones macrumors member

I've heard there are key generators used by unscrupulous types to find valid keys, such as ones still sitting unopened on a Wal-Mart shelf somewhere. You're probably not the first, nor the last, to have this problem and Blizzard may be well aware of it.

14. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Considering the fact that anyone can get a credit card even for their dog if they wanted without it costing a cent, I don't understand why people get these game cards. You can attach a credit card that won't cost you a dime to the account and then start and stop it as you want from their account management site.

15. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I suspect the OP was under the age that one can get a credit card.