I need highs peed help! PLEASE

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Jerrod, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Jerrod macrumors newbie

is anyone aware of any highspeed access that covers a good part of the US?

I have an RV and I do alot of traveling all over the US and I am about over dial up! is there any type of system that can maybe be mounted to my RV which will give me high speed along with working on my mac?

Thanks for your help!

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

What an unfortunate typo in the title of this thread... ;)

Anyway, I don't know of any roving high-speed access that you might be able to tie in to, satellite or the like, but you may be able to map out stopping points where they offer WiFi access (such as certain Starbucks, McDonalds, etc.). I am assuming you're not planning to surf the internet while driving anyway.

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

You can either look into AT&T and Cingular for cellphone high speed or into satellite internet, which can be expensive in some cases (not that cell phone high speed is cheap either).

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Had to chuckle -- getting stoned and suffering urinary tract probs...

5. lazymuoio macrumors member

yes there is i think you can get a direcway sattelite on your RV for brodband acsess its not good for online games due to the ****** updloading but for web browsing its good

www.direcway.com

6. dotnina macrumors 6502a

If you're big on Starbucks, you could always get T-Mobile for $30 / month (1 year) or $40 / month (cancel whenever).

I had an account; the speeds are excellent. It was a luxury I didn't need, though, so I cancelled.