I need iChat pals !!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by giovanni, Jan 14, 2003.

1. giovanni macrumors regular

Help !
    I am tired of this thing...how do I get in touch with other dudes on iChat ? None of my friends are and I would really love to have someone around, especially for my stupid questions on Mac stuff :) well, I should not say that. Also for simple chatting is fine as well

Are there web cites (or is it sites, I never got this) where one can get in touch with iChatters ?

ciao,
    gio

2. mkubal macrumors 6502a

umm...

iChat is basically Apple's version of AOL instant messenger. If you know anyone's AIM screen name just add it to your buddy list.

I think it supports other messaging services, but I only use AIM. Anyone know if it supports others?

Matt

3. Mikler macrumors newbie

For now iChat only support the AIM-network, but rumor has it, that ICQ-support will be added in the upcoming version 2.

Anyway, you're welcome to add me to your buddy list - my screenname is Mikler2002

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You could just check all the profiles here and add us until you feel full. :D

5. medea macrumors 68030

medea

go to http://www.14k4.com/Mac/ there ".mac users can find each other by searching for common interests and start iChatting, visit each other's .mac homepage and share files," but I belive you can only use it if you have a paid .mac subscription.

6. JW Pepper macrumors regular

Just Go to chat/Jaguar there are loads of buddies there, but mainly during US time.

7. vniow macrumors G4

We had a Macrumors iChatroom around MWSF, but I don't think it's too active at the moment.[​IMG]

8. morlium macrumors regular

I'm located on LI.
    You can try my iChat name (morlium) if you're still bored (though I'm only occasionally logged in).

9. giovanni thread starter macrumors regular

thx !

ok, thx much to all. I guess I will try to get in touch and follow other "leads" ......

later,
    gio

10. Kethoticus macrumors 6502

Kethoticus

I'm located in Los Angeles.
    You can try my AIM/iChat screen name (spesez8472) if you're still bored (though I'm only occasionally logged in).

11. pantagruel macrumors regular

hmm why dont you try www.match.com ,get a real girlfriend instead so you dont have to spend so much time online alone. just kidding, we all suffer from it a bit or we wouldnt be here on the forums right.apple should have a profile search type thing for ichat so you can find people easier.

12. giovanni thread starter macrumors regular

pantagruel !!!
    thx for the advice ... but let me tell you that I am a bit past that stage :) I am a big boy now, married and with a son ! But you are right, in that I miss something a bit and that is some mac pals, especially since I moved to the US. Now my damned Mac keeps on semi crashing after wake up. This is such a pain in the behind. I am thinking of this right now because I was going to iChat but the icons on the upper right of the screen helas are dead ....
    So I have to restart

best,
    gio

13. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

14. giovanni thread starter macrumors regular

damned, I guess it would be a good idea to say what my screen name is, well, I believe it is glugato ( I guess it is my email adrs without the @part..which would be mac.com anyway).

Ok, later,
    gio