I need my Wii!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ghall, Dec 5, 2006.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Anybody know where I can get a friggin Wii? My dad wants to get me one for Christmas, so I'm trying to help him find one. Any chance that I can get one in time for Christmas?

2. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

Your best bet is to keep calling the stores in your area to see exactly when they will put their shipment up for sale. Quite a few stores have been holding them for specific dates such as when their new ad comes out so they can advertise them. Good luck!

3. Proto Media macrumors member

I have a Wii

Hey I have a unopened Wii with an unopened copy of call of duty 3, I bought them at electronics Boutique a couple of days ago and I still have the reciept. I am going to be selling it on ebay or craigslist, but am always for helping out a fellow macrumors member. If your interested check out my craiglist post here: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/244554341.html

ok im not even sure if im allowed to do this. I mean im trying to help you out, and answering your question, so I guess that counts, but hopefully they wont delete me or whatever. Anyways, take a look, and let me know. Peace out.

- Ryan

4. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I don'w know if my dad is prepared to spend $500 but if your willing to negotiate a price, I can PM you his email.

5. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Selling someone a Wii for two times the MSRP is not exactly "helping out a fellow member" but anyways.

Just keep looking, Best Buys seem to be the best bet thus far for everyone, where do you live anyways?

6. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

There are a bunch of them all around me here in California...

7. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Ooops... I thought this thread was about reattachment reconstructive surgery dohhhh!

8. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

That's exactloy what I was thinking.

I live in Rhode Island, sorry, that whould have been helpful info. Anybody have any luck in or around Rhode Island?

9. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Hey, there's a couple Wal-Marts in my state that's getting them in tomorrow. Looks like I'll be gettin a Wii for Christmas! :D

......hopefully.

10. puttputt macrumors regular

Don't get too excited just yet... rumor has it that each Walmart is getting "at least 3" for tomorrow.... going on sale at 8 am. Another forum noted a line was already (!) forming at one of the walmarts.

Tomorrow will probably be a difficult day to score a Wii.

But I think you'll get one by Christmas. If not, take an I.O.U. from pops!

11. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

The line will form early especially at the 24 hour locations:eek:

12. Proto Media macrumors member

well i think twice the MSRP is worth it, and it includes a game. it was 324 total, 500 - 324 = 176. so my time waiting it line driving all over the bay trying to find one of these, cell phone calls, gas money, and the cost of my time I BELIEVE is worth the 176 premium. If you dont think so, then feel free to go buy one at a store, if you can find one. GOOD LUCK!

13. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Well, my dad has a Prius, so gas money isn't so big of a problem. :)

14. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ah, console scalpers.

They're trying to do this in the UK too but going off how much we normally don't care about systems I doubt theres going to be such a shortage to attract scalpers.

16. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

If you're not able to snag one this week, I'd wait until around midnight Saturday night and then go to all the websites of the retailers in your area and look at their weekly ads online. If you see an ad for a Wii then chances are very high that they will have some for sale Sunday morning.

This is how I got mine, only had to wait in line for about five minutes. :)

Good Luck!

17. MikeMcD macrumors newbie

Just got my Wii this morning at Wal-Mart...had to wait five hours....can't wait to get home from work....

Check out www.ps3seeker.com/wii to find when your retailer is getting them in...it is how i got mine.

18. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Tried my local Walmart Supercenter this morning at exactly 8AM. They only had 4 units!!! and sold them early to the line that formed over night.

19. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Hey, I will know in 1 minute wether I'll be getting the Wii for Christmas!

20. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Well? The suspense is killing me!

21. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Nope. Didn't get it.

Though, I completly forgot that I have an uncle who works for Circuit City. I'm hoping he can give me a hand, maybe pull a few strings. :D

22. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Heh good luck with that, in any case getting one in January should be easy as pie and then you´ll have Warioware Smooth Moves available... so its not all that bad, its not like Christmas will make your Wii more fun :p

23. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Yeah, but what whould be the fun in waiting? It makes it all the more interesting to hunt around for it.

I have one more chance, appearantly Toys R Us and Circuit City are getting them in on Sunday.

24. Fezwick macrumors 6502

Nope, not at all. I have even gone out of state to try and nab one. I'm thinking I'll have to camp out the night before, even though it goes against everything I stand for. :p