I Need New Ear Buds

Discussion in 'iPod' started by SamIchi, Jan 27, 2006.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    After a year and a half with my original iPod ear buds, I have lost them. :mad: . I thought they were good for what they were, I didn't have any complaints. I dont think I'm goin to get the same ones though. I was lookin' through headphones, and I saw the in-ear headphones. How comfortable are they? Sticking something in my ear doesn't seem like it would be that comfortable, especially for a long amount of time.

Give me some suggestions to look at. I'd like sumthin' under $50.
  2. john159 macrumors regular

Nov 6, 2005
    you kno you can always go to the store for free replacements
  3. ipacmm macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
  4. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2005
    2,000 light years from home
  5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Jul 16, 2002
    The Griffin product isn't a replacement for the Apple earbuds, but an add-on to convert them to in-ear phones.

I've been looking for a replacement for my original earbuds as well. I found a potential product at MacWorld called the Razerpro protone m100. Tried them on the floor of the expo, and they sounded pretty good, but that's one noisy environment. Not in production yet but I think they said they'd sell for $29 when they became available.
  6. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    Really? Had I konwn that I would have taken my 2 year old buds that had the plastic stuff coming off of the wires instead of buying a completely new set (granted I got the remote this way, but free would have been better.)

Is there information on this? You just take damaged Apple iPod earbud to the genius bar and they give you a fresh pair?
  7. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    I thought i read in another thread that they charge you. $24.99 I think was the price. I don't have the warrenty either.
  8. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    They're really $19, the rest turned out to be for overnight shipping and sales tax (not that it matters too much, because there wasn't a choice of shipping options).

I'll note that the order I put in was against a very out-of-warranty iPod (3rd generation), and Apple may be a little more flexible with warranties that expired more recently. Also, there's no harm going to their service Web site and putting in your serial number to see what it says. If they are going to charge for the headphones, it will say so up front before you are committed.