I need some advice.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Boston, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Boston macrumors newbie

Jan 11, 2005
    I have just been offered a 15 GB Ipod, 3rd Generation (?) (Buttons right below screen) by someone who I trust very much. At first I was keen on getting the 40gb, then the 20gb, and I am wondering if 5 GB is worth 100 bucks. Money is an issue. (Working highschool student)

Also what are your thoughts on the Becklan Audio Recorder for 3rd Generation Ipods? Does it record Piano well? Drumset? A jazz combo?

Lastly, and by the way thank you in advance, whats up with these Otterboxes that are advertised as indestructable.

Thank you,
  2. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    I have no idea what the Otterboxes are, but, otherwise:

(1) $100 is a pretty decent price, depending on how old the 3G pod is. You could buy them for $150 recently at the Apple Stores (getting rid of old stock). If it's quite old, I'd be worried about the battery going at some point. Otherwise, it's a fair and good price.

(2) The recorders all do 8 bit. You can use this hack to gain much better recording abilities, but, by default, the quality doth suck.