I need some advice.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Boston, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Boston macrumors newbie

I have just been offered a 15 GB Ipod, 3rd Generation (?) (Buttons right below screen) by someone who I trust very much. At first I was keen on getting the 40gb, then the 20gb, and I am wondering if 5 GB is worth 100 bucks. Money is an issue. (Working highschool student)

Also what are your thoughts on the Becklan Audio Recorder for 3rd Generation Ipods? Does it record Piano well? Drumset? A jazz combo?

Lastly, and by the way thank you in advance, whats up with these Otterboxes that are advertised as indestructable.

Thank you,
    Nick

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I have no idea what the Otterboxes are, but, otherwise:

(1) $100 is a pretty decent price, depending on how old the 3G pod is. You could buy them for $150 recently at the Apple Stores (getting rid of old stock). If it's quite old, I'd be worried about the battery going at some point. Otherwise, it's a fair and good price.

(2) The recorders all do 8 bit. You can use this hack to gain much better recording abilities, but, by default, the quality doth suck.