I need some advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AppleIntelRock, Aug 18, 2006.

  1. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

    AppleIntelRock

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2006
    #1
    Okay everyone, I may sell my 17 inch macbook pro, but am not sure.

    Option A)

    2 GHz mac pro,
    1 GB Ram
    250 GB HD
    Nvidia 7300

    Apple 20 inch Display

    Option B)

    20” iMac (waiting for Paris obviously)
    2 GB Ram
    500 GB HD
    ATI x1600 256 MD

    Option C)

    Keep the macbook pro, get a 300 or 400 dollar dell display

    I work a fair amount in photoshop and use dreamweaver. I also you productivity applications, of course, basic computer stuff.

    Thanks in advance for your responses.
     
  2. CrEsTo macrumors 6502

    CrEsTo

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2006
    Location:
    Australia
    #2
    It's simple, do you need a laptop or a desktop?

    If you don't need portability get the MacPro with a nice display, if you need both then MBP with extra Display.
     
  3. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

    gadgetgirl85

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2006
  4. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

    xfiftyfour

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2006
    Location:
    Clemson, SC
    #4
    i'd probably keep the MBP and get an external. do you need portability? even if not, though, you'll probably end up losing a lot on your MBP if you take it to eBay (after fees and paypal, plus the general fact that used items don't sell for their retail value).

    though, i guess if money isn't a concern and you're just looking to get the best you can, then there's no doubt the mac pro is a faster machine..
     
  5. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

    bigrell486

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2006
    Location:
    Home
    #5
    You'll be better off just getting an external display with a Keyboard and mouse, makes things easier and less stressful on both you and your wallet.
     

Share This Page