I need some advice..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Moshiiii, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Apr 4, 2006
    Sarasota, FL

Why do people ask for personal help on internet forums? I don't know, I'm about to do it. The reason I'm asking on a Mac board is because I don't want to get any more of my friends into this druama. Also the two people involved in this browse most of the boards I post on besides this one. So I appreciate your time reading this.

The Story:

Me and my two year girlfriend broke up a few months ago. I was devistated. Like most girls out of a long-term relationship she went on a rampage of meeting new guys. Myself, I went on a personal journey to find myself and to find some new friends.

My friend introduced me to his close friend, us three quickly grew as friends. I'm going to name the kid I met "Richard". A few weeks later Richard told me that my X was being very aggresive (in a sexual way) towards him. I did some thinking and came to the conclusion that I shouldnt get too close as friends with him because it would devistate me if they hooked up.

A few weeks later; I'm still a mess from the breakup and I start hanging out with Richard again. We get talking and we found out that we both have extreme interest in Nuero Linguistic Programming and Pickup Artists. With great excitment we make tons of plans to be eachother wingman (thats what its called in the Pickup Artist lingo) and go to places gamming girls.

Now my trouble. My X is still agressive to Richard and if they havn't hooked up by now I know its inevitable. Richard and I will be best of friends if we start gamming girls togather. What advice do you have to give me? Should I have a talk with Richard and tell him as long as we are friends my X is off limits until I say so? or just get over the fact that she is single and availible?

Note: As of now i have the lookout that this life is full of letdowns. I don't think it would work if I just figured since he is my great friend that he would have the decenty not to hook up with her.
  2. CyberB0b macrumors regular

Apr 19, 2004
    because they are too embarrassed to ask for personal help in the real world?
  3. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

Dec 1, 2005
    Count my vote for that. *If only life was that simple:rolleyes: *
  4. Markleshark macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2006
    Carlisle, Up Norf!
    Honestly mate... You'll have to get over the fact shes now single. If you ask me anyway. The way I look at it, if you and 'Richard' are gonna be close friends, or are, or whatever that should mean a lot more than a girlfriend, friends are a lot more important in life... I always think so anyway.

Or, (and I don't condone this) don't say anything. If they get together, sh*g her best mate... and then tell her, always a killer... Either way, hope it all goes well for you.
  5. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

May 6, 2004
    What's Your Favorite Posish
    I think you should "live a little" yourself.... certainly wouldn't hurt you to get over her like that.
  6. Moshiiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apr 4, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Good. I wanted to just forget about it, let whatever happens between them two stay between them two and not let it effect me. I just wasn't sure If thats letting people walk on me. But its not, If I just put this all below me, I'll be on top careless.
  7. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Sep 20, 2005
    New Jersey
    Well if "Richard" knows what happened between you and this girl, I don't think he would try anything funny. Or at least that's what I would think a good friend should act like... Personally, I wouldn't be able to accept it. It would kill me seeing my old girlfriend and new best friend together.

But that's just me. Do what you think is right.
  8. MarkCollette macrumors 68000

Mar 6, 2003
    Calgary, Canada
    Does Richard and your ex know about the whole situation?
  9. Silentwave macrumors 68000

May 26, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    It kills more than anything other than the best friend being a long term best friend :(

Tread carefully.