Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZiggyZidel

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
I have a white macbook from 2008, I was going to wait for the redesigned MBP to upgrade.. but im now itching to buy a 13'' MBA. I just need some convincing so I dont regret my purchase once the new pretty MBP's come out. Thank you!

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I have a white macbook from 2008, I was going to wait for the redesigned MBP to upgrade.. but im now itching to buy a 13'' MBA. I just need some convincing so I dont regret my purchase once the new pretty MBP's come out. Thank you!

So if you're not happy with your purchase after the MBPs come out, you can blame someone else for convincing you to buy the MBA? They're both really good products, so it all depends on your usage. Why don't you buy what you want to buy, and don't rely on others' opinions. After all, you're going to be using it, not me.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
I have both the 2010 MBP 13" and the 2011 MBA 13".

You can't go wrong with either the MBP or the MBA. It all depends on what you will be doing, i.e if you are doing lots of travelling, there is no better than the lightweight MBA IMHO.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
No offense dude, but why would we give a **** what computer you own?

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
ok, you are getting a lot of stick here so I'll try not to state to obvious (clearly people use forums for different reasons guys. Cut the guy some slack)! I have both a MBP (2007) and a MBA (2011). I travel a lot so the MBA is a God send and does not let me down on processor speed and bandwidth. I have to deal with some pretty chunky excel spreadsheets with some legacy visual basic stuff embedded. Never had a problem. The machine is lightning fast. And because of full screen aspect of Lion, you won't regret not having a bigger display. However, I still like using my MBP (a bit like a well worn pair of slippers that you love). And if I am perfectly honest, on gaming the picture quality is still a little better on the MBP. Hope this helps

phamduc.minhanh

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2011
Singapore, Singapore
Greetings,

Could you please provide some information as to what your purposes of owning a laptop are. After that, we can help you decide whether a MacBook Air or a MacBook Pro is more suitable for you.

Cheerio,

Pham Duc Minh Anh

Last edited:

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011

Seems like you just want something new. I would wait. It is already past the mid-cycle mark for the MacBook Pro so you only have to wait a few more months.

In the end the MacBook Air will do everything your current MacBook can do so you might regret it after dropping a thousand dollars when your heart is set on the Pro.

MilkMan4

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2011
i say just have some patience if you're fine with your mac now, why rush yourself when you may regret it later?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.