I need some GBA game recommendations

Discussion in 'Games' started by Miguey, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Miguey macrumors 6502

...for a long trip. I am leaning towards Final fantasy V and Fire Emblem, but i am not sure if those would last 6 days. Are there good RPG games like Final Fantasy for GBA right now? I already have Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission, so can you help me find the right games to last me a while?

2. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones is excellent.

It should definitely last you 6 days... depending on how much time you except to be playing (20hrs/day would probably cause it to end before the 6 days, heh).

Personally I think it is more *fun* then FF5, although I will be picking that up soon too.

3. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

My personal favorite on the GBA is Golden Sun. Amazing game. Took me about a week or two (can't remember) to finish, but I used a walkthrough sometimes. :D It's not really necessary though, I just wanted to make sure I got all the Djinn (creature.. things).

Edit: Forgot to mention, made by Camelot, and has GREAT graphics for the GBA.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Long haul games?

Fire Emblem did me, till it got a bit boring (along with Advance Wars - still mighty games though)
    Metroid Zero Mission
    Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (ooooh yesss)
    Golden Sun 1 and 2.

5. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Ya, the best games every created. Legend of Zelda: a Link To The Past. and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. They were both on the SNES, but if you've never played them, they are awesome. Best games evar! Both are a very good length.

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Advanced Wars /2 are great games I would highly pick -- if you can find them... :rolleyes: :eek:

Fire Emblem is also very very good, but top pick would be the Advanced Wars series.

Replay value is fantastic and strategy is top notch.

-- MrMacMan

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Great game..i found a used one at my local GameStop...cost me 18 bucks but its tons of fun!

8. Miguey thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I do have Yoshis Island, it is fun, except i keep dieing and then just walk away...