I need some GBA game recommendations

Discussion in 'Games' started by Miguey, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Miguey macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2006
    So Cal 909
    ...for a long trip. I am leaning towards Final fantasy V and Fire Emblem, but i am not sure if those would last 6 days. Are there good RPG games like Final Fantasy for GBA right now? I already have Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission, so can you help me find the right games to last me a while?
  2. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Feb 9, 2006
    USA, KS
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones is excellent.

It should definitely last you 6 days... depending on how much time you except to be playing (20hrs/day would probably cause it to end before the 6 days, heh).

Personally I think it is more *fun* then FF5, although I will be picking that up soon too.
  3. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2006
    My personal favorite on the GBA is Golden Sun. Amazing game. Took me about a week or two (can't remember) to finish, but I used a walkthrough sometimes. :D It's not really necessary though, I just wanted to make sure I got all the Djinn (creature.. things).

Edit: Forgot to mention, made by Camelot, and has GREAT graphics for the GBA.
  4. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    Long haul games?

Fire Emblem did me, till it got a bit boring (along with Advance Wars - still mighty games though)
    Metroid Zero Mission
    Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (ooooh yesss)
    Golden Sun 1 and 2.
  5. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    Ya, the best games every created. Legend of Zelda: a Link To The Past. and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. They were both on the SNES, but if you've never played them, they are awesome. Best games evar! Both are a very good length.
  6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    Advanced Wars /2 are great games I would highly pick -- if you can find them... :rolleyes: :eek:

Fire Emblem is also very very good, but top pick would be the Advanced Wars series.

Replay value is fantastic and strategy is top notch.

-- MrMacMan
  7. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    Great game..i found a used one at my local GameStop...cost me 18 bucks but its tons of fun!
  8. Miguey thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2006
    So Cal 909
    Yeah I do have Yoshis Island, it is fun, except i keep dieing and then just walk away...