I need some good CRM SOFTWARE

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by absolutmp5, Dec 24, 2005.

1. absolutmp5 macrumors regular

Aug 12, 2004
    Im running my buisness now and im managing customer contact. I need a program that create customizable mapping for collums and the program cant be too overwelming and cluttering. Aqua style interface would be nice as well.
  2. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

Oct 5, 2002
    An awesome place

O.k. there are a few of these and some have more capabilities than others, for example, Project Management.

Enjoy your research!!!!
  3. Fukui macrumors 68000

Jul 19, 2002
    Go to apple, click "made 4 mac" (on the top area) and type CRM in the search field.

I would think the web based ones are the best because they are accessable from any computer (always valuable in a company).
  4. tjwett macrumors 68000

May 6, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    As someone who has literally tried every CRM/PIM and business tracker out there, I HIGHLY recommend DayLite from Marketcircle. It's late on Christmas Eve so I'll stop myself from rambling on and on about how great it is and just say this; It has turned my consulting practice completely around. This app makes me money every day just by being what it is. Not a super Aqua interface but it is 100% Cocoa on top of a robust OpenBase engine. I also use the DayLite Mail Integration Module (aka DMI) as well as Billings, their very nice little Invoicing/Time Tracker/Biliing app. Possibly the nicest Cocoa/Aqua GUI in existence. You can get 30 day demos of all at http://www.marketcircle.com

Note, I don't work for Marketcircle or anything. I am a Mac consultant and use these products to run my business. Just a word of advice if you try it out...Spend a lot of time with it. Really dig in deep. I spent a month using it sort half set up and I didn't get a whole lot out of it. But once I took the time to get in there and customize all the settings and setup the phone dialers, custom templates, merge letters etc along with DMI it turned into a productivity powerhouse and I have an amazing view and history on all of my current and potential clients and there is no incoming or outgoing communication with them that can't be done in a single click. It's seriously BAD ASS. Enjoy!
  5. powerbookje macrumors member

Jun 1, 2003
    Another vote for DayLite from Marketcircle.
    We bought this application for 15 users, mainly to share our calendars, and we love it, especially the offline features for mobile users...

The CRM part is very big, and if you try it for the first time, there is a chance that you'll be frustrated, just take your time, and look in the manual for some advanced things. One negative point, I'm from Europe and Daylite is US focused, so I had to edit a lot of settings to convert it to my country.

Someone has to say it; their support is excellent, fast reply's and very helpful

If you want to see Daylite in action, go to

to see some movies. enjoy!
  6. motherduce macrumors 6502

Oct 3, 2005
    Houston, TX
    You might want to check out basecamp. It's online and very nice. Try it out for free to see if it does what you need.

7. absolutmp5 thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 12, 2004
    another issue i was having was the fact that some of the crm's didn't have customizable fields and what not. Along witht the fact that i was forced to use the vcard format which is confining.
  8. jeremy.king macrumors 603

Jul 23, 2002
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Although its not a desktop solution - have you seen the demos at Salesforce.com? Our company recently adopted this to replace MS CRM and the bigs seem pretty happy with it.
  9. mdavey macrumors 6502a

Nov 1, 2005
    I guess you are an SME. In which case, take a look at these two, both of which are very good. I've deployed both in a number of enterprises with success:

Both those sites have a demo facility so you can try out the features, administration, etc.

Salesforce.com is the market leader (or was last time I checked), but is very expensive. There is also Siebel CRM (http://siebel.com/) which is used by many large enterprises including Sun, HP, IBM. Also expensive.
  10. krawdog macrumors newbie

Jan 5, 2006
    DayLite ?s

For those who use DayLite, are you able to use the calendar function with your coworkers to schedule interoffice meetings, much like you'd do with iCal? Or, do you still need to use iCal (or similar module) to perform those regular interoffice meeting tasks?

Also, does DayLite's calendar have the ability to view multiple calendars at once, again much like iCal can, to review potential conflicts?

Finally, when using DayLite's DMI (i.e., Apple Mail Module), is anyone experiencing problems with the DayLite Drawer refreshing when you bounce from email to email? For example, when I am finished reading an email from Joe (and have linked it, or not, with DayLite), I click on the next email from Patty and the DayLite Drawer in Mail hasn't refreshed -- it still says "This email is already in DayLite," and haven't yet even done anything with the email from Patty. Thoughts?

I'm testing DayLite as a 30-day trial and I'm hopeful these "issues" are simply user errors, not something with MarketCircle's software, so I can buy the entity for my office (of about 12 employees) at the end of the trial.

Thanks in advance for the input!
  11. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    Daylite VS Act!

If you are actually using Daylite or ACT!, can you comment on the user expeirence? I am trying to find the CRM software which help me manage the sales process efficiently.

For works, I use Dell (for emailing and what not), Tablet PC (for notetaking), and iBook (for making reports and others). I could not decided on which platform I should pick (PC or Mac) for CRM.

If you have used both ACT! and Daylite, please comment on pros and cons on either programs through your experience.