I need some help with Mathematica

Discussion in 'Community' started by tpjunkie, Apr 22, 2005.

1. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Hey calling all Mathematica users, I need some help. I'm trying to import and display a black and white GIF image as a raster (an array of 1's and 0's representing the pixels that make up the image). Anyone have any idea how to do this? When I've been trying to do it on my own using the included help guide, I keep getting errors ranging from -Graphics is not a valid filename- (even though I'm pretty sure I didn't use it as such) to -command expected to be a string.

Any help would be seriously appreciated.

2. tpjunkie thread starter macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Were you following the example on Wolfram's website? Did you successfully convert it to a PICT file, or are you stuck at that point?

4. tpjunkie thread starter macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

I wasn't using the example from their website...I was just trying to do it using the built-in help. I can get the image successfully imported, but when I try to create a raster, thats when I run into trouble...

All I want to do is to be able to take a black and white image, import it, and then have mathematica display the matrix of 1's and 0's that represent the pixels that make up the image. At that point, I have to do some operations on the matrix, but I'm totally stuck at this point, where all I seem to be able to do is import and then show the actual image.