I need some help...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Stridder44, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

So right now Im a broke college student looking into getting a job, but the only thing is time is precious and in short supply (I know my fellow students out there can agree...at least I hope). So I've decided on starting up an eBay business. Any advice, tips, suggestions, or comments will be greatly appreciated as I have never really messed with eBay before, but have been reading up on selling on eBay.

Of note, I do have some small stuff ready to sell.

Many thanks!

2. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

3. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

I would work on getting some things out of the door ASAP to get your rating up (if it isn't already). I would also try to come up with some coherent and basically uniform templates to "establish your brand" for those who are regulars. And then after you work through your stuff, consider opening it up to other students to sell their stuff through you for a fee. After that, THE WORLD! Er, the community at large.

4. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Ebay takes more time than you think, and opening up an Ebay store ain't all that cheap. You're better off just selling unwanted stuff for extra cash. Yea, time in college, there's never enough. I would suggest to find a flexible part time job. I only work about 12 hrs a week and still find it quite hard to get all my work done in time (even with weekends totally dedicated to school).

IMO Ebay ain't the way to go, unless you got some awesome product that everyone wants.