i need some help

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by AppleIntelRock, Aug 18, 2006.

  1. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816


    Aug 14, 2006
    Okay everyone, I may sell my 17 inch macbook pro, but am not sure.

    Option A)

    2 GHz mac pro,
    1 GB Ram
    250 GB HD
    Nvidia 7300

    Apple 20 inch Display

    Option B)

    20” iMac (waiting for Paris obviously)
    2 GB Ram
    500 GB HD
    ATI x1600 256 MD

    Option C)

    Keep the macbook pro, get a 300 or 400 dollar dell display

    I work a fair amount in photoshop and use dreamweaver. I also you productivity applications, of course, basic computer stuff.

    Thanks in advance for your responses.
  2. Mernak macrumors 6502

    Apr 9, 2006
    Kirkland, WA
    Is it a stock MBP or is it upgraded? If it has 2GB of ram then I'd say to keep it or get the iMac, I doubt that the processing power of the MacPro would be needed because it is my understanding that photoshop is more dependant on RAM than on processing power. Since the iMac is cheaper for the same specs, I would base you decision on whether you need the portability of the MBP.

    Just my 2 cents

Share This Page