Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Hi all. I have an old powerbook 1400. I am having soome problems with the keyboard (some keys have stopped working!!). At one point the whole keyboard stopped working. A quick shake made 95% of them work again! However, I need to get the others working. I want to be able to get at the cable that links the keyboard to the computer.

How do I do this?

Anyone know any sites that have a step by step guide to opening up these powerbooks??

Thanks for any help.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Ok, I have now opened up my powerbook. The problem now is that I have found a suspicious stain around the affected keyboard area + Modem Slot. Somethiing must have been spilled! (not by me). I know this is an OLD laptop. However, I do like it!

Does anyone here in the UK have any old parts that I could have?? I know its a big ask! Its just on the off chance. I dont want to ditch the laptop. Someone may have an old laptop that is being chucked out.

Thanks.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Wow thats expensive. I was hoping someone had one lying around who was going to chuck it. I could give them something for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.