I need the ultimate bookbag combination

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BigPrince, Jan 16, 2007.

1. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Please post the ultimate bookbag and/or briefcase combination. I haven't bought a bookbag in 5 years in order to save for this one. The one my mom got me as a surprise just does not cut it for college.

I need this thing to be sick. Hold binders and books. It can be a bookbag and briefcase combination or one or the other.

I'd like for it to have room for a MBP. I am waiting for Santa Rose and I plan on getting a 12 inch(or w/e size the small one will be), but if that does not happen it will need room for a 15 inch.

Don't worry too much about price. I have saved for the purpose of getting exactly what I need.

Thanks for your suggestions.

2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Saving for 5 years for a bookbag, that's commitment. I just have a canvas messenger bag I bought from Ebay, and use a sleeve whenever I bring my MB around. The bag cost me $20 bucks.

3. BigPrince thread starter macrumors 68020

In High School I did not need to replace my bag every year and I never used a locker so my bookbag looked like crap no matter what since I used it so much. My senior year though halfway through after being patched at the bottom several times and a broken zipper, I think my mom was embarrassed for me that I was carrying it around for so long since I still refused to get myself a new book bag since I wanted to wait for college, she got me a new one. Not want I wanted at all but I thought I'd give it a try for a semester, and ya, it did not work out.

4. BigPrince thread starter macrumors 68020

no one else has any opinions to share with me?

5. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Depending on the style and amount you want to spend, timbuktu. Great building, very customizable if you need certain features, and great for commutes.

http://www.timbuktu.com

6. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

I have one of these... and it has a lot of pockets and it can fit 3 1-inch binders and my math book (about 2.5 inches) along with my IBM laptop (it's huge... 1.75" thick) with plenty of room to spare. It is built really well and it doesn't feel like it is going to break. The laptop compartment is padded pretty well.

7. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

do you mean Timbuk2? (http://www.timbuk2.com)

8. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

long day...yes. sorry. great bags. no matter how you spell it.

9. job macrumors 68040

job

http://www.chromebags.com/

They'll take a beating. Dust, mud, rain, etc. These bags can handle it.

Think about what you'll be using the bag for. The materials are essential. Do you need something that is waterproof? Do you need something that won't rip? I've realized more and more when I walk to class in the rain that a waterproof bag would be useful, even more so when I go surfing or hiking.

Remember that if this is going to be your main bag, it's going to go with you everywhere, not just to class.