i need to burn 700MB CDs...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cb911, Jun 16, 2002.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i've got my new TiBook now, but i can only burn CDs using that stupid little thing that OS X pops up in front of your face. that would be ok, except that i can only burn 622MB CDs, or some stupidly small number like that.

is there some program i can use that will let me completely fill up a CD?
    is Toast a burning program? and is it supposed to come with my Mac? and if Toast is a program, why couldn't i find it in the Apple store? and if Toast isn't a burning program what other program could i use?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Toast is a CD writing program, and no, it isn't supposed to come with your mac.
    And it is at the apple store, just go to apple.com/store and in the search box type 'toast'. your looking for 'Toast 5.0 Titanium - Roxio'. $89...or...there's always limewire ;)

3. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

i typed in Toast and it came up with nothing! at least now i know the name of it i can start looking....

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I've just tried to search for 'toast' in the apple australia store, and your right, it's not there :( , but it is in the US, and UK stores...strange :confused:

5. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

verbose101 is (more than likely) talking about the US Apple store.

Try here - AU$179 from ISWH. [I tried to link directly to the page, it won't let me. Just click the link and search for 'toast']

6. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

thanks Beej. now all i need to know is there any better programs than Toast? or does everyone recommend Toast?

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Here is a direct link to Toast at ISWH that Beej has mentioned.

8. resm macrumors 6502

and Toast burns CD's and DVD's.

And you can burn in more than one session....something you can not do with your disc burner that comes with the Mac.

It's from "roxio" and Toast 5 Titanium is for OSX :D

9. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

I use Toast, and although it's not PERFECT, it's still pretty good, and the best one available I think.

Go for it. Toast would do almost anything you would possibly want.. everything from Hybrid CDs to Cd-i's (whatever that is...)

Oh, and here is the link to the Official page of Toast : http://www.roxio.com/en/products/toast/

irmongoose

10. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

As far as Mac burning software, Toast is the king. I use it all the time, since it offers many more features the the Apple disk burning software does. Once you do it a few times, you wonder why you would try anything else. I have used the older versions before, and have seen the evolution of the application.

It also easily handles cd-rw discs as well as the dvd blanks.